Car lift in garage

/ Car lift in garage #92  
I agree! I think I'd go into their cage armed with at least a 12ga.
They burn the spurs off before we get them. Keep them a year. They are grown back by then. But, they're used to me and not so bad.

/ Car lift in garage #93  
Just as a follow up to this discussion of 2 post versus 4 post. I really haven't taken pictures of all of the projects that I have used my 2 post a symmetrical lift for. Below are some of the ones that I could find. Other than the normal car work I use my lift as an adjustable table/ lift. It like a third hand. I don't lift trucks any more because of the age of the lift but car work is still ok. I am 73, going on 74 and I don't like working off the floor. So any time I can use the lift to raise a project to working height I do. I don't think a 4 post lift would be as useful and or as easy to fixture these other types of projects. I regularly service my Gator and relatives machines on this 2 post lift. When I set up my miter saw I use one of the lift arms as a support the long timbers. When I built my vertical splitter I used the lift a weld positioner. It worked very well for that project. I just think that a 2 post lift is more useful for other projects. Just my thoughts. Later.

20140402_193721.jpg20140913_145010.jpg20140915_124128.jpg20140915_124220.jpg20150509_111033 - Copy.jpg20150620_174826.jpg20170919_170551.jpg20210927_200905.jpg20221105_122640_resized.jpgIMG_0564.JPG

/ Car lift in garage #94  
Ok, I think this is going to be the lift I buy for a couple reasons. 1. I want to be able to move it between my garage and my MILs barn. 2. I don't want to put a permanent lift in her barn and I don't have room for a permanent 2 or 4 post lift in my garage. This however is a compromise and I'm staying under $3k.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Only downside is you won't be able to get at the center of the vehicle, so exhaust work, RWD/AWD driveshaft work, brake/fuel line work, possibly fuel tanks and RWD transmission work are all out.

Aaron Z

/ Car lift in garage #95  
Only downside is you won't be able to get at the center of the vehicle, so exhaust work, RWD/AWD driveshaft work, brake/fuel line work, possibly fuel tanks and RWD transmission work are all out.

Aaron Z
Yes, those are all things I have no plans of working on. I'm going to be doing brakes, differential fluid, oil changes, tire rotations, Struts (just ordered new struts for one of my 20 year old new to me cars). If I do all of those things to two cars, the lift will have paid for itself already. I have 3 cars and my boys both have two cars. It will be used very much.

/ Car lift in garage #96  
Yes, those are all things I have no plans of working on. I'm going to be doing brakes, differential fluid, oil changes, tire rotations, Struts (just ordered new struts for one of my 20 year old new to me cars). If I do all of those things to two cars, the lift will have paid for itself already. I have 3 cars and my boys both have two cars. It will be used very much.

Maximum Lift Height (in.):
48.00 in.

Is that going to be high enough to do a lot of oil changes?

/ Car lift in garage #97  
Maximum Lift Height (in.):
48.00 in.

Is that going to be high enough to do a lot of oil changes?
Considering I used do oil changes off of Ramps with a sheet of cardboard to lay on, it will be a huge improvement. I can sit on a rolling chair and do most of the work I plan to do. That is 4 feet high which is about sitting down hight
for me.

/ Car lift in garage #98  
Considering I used do oil changes off of Ramps with a sheet of cardboard to lay on, it will be a huge improvement. I can sit on a rolling chair and do most of the work I plan to do. That is 4 feet high which is about sitting down hight
for me.

A neighbor has a 2 post lift and its at ~36" for a "crossover suv" that is a little short for a regular stool, but a short chair should be fine.

Aaron Z

/ Car lift in garage #99  
My son just put this in his shop. He knows his stuff and did a lot of research. Mostly for working on his old Bronco and GTO.
View attachment 652960
That looks great. The Dannmar company appears to have been bought by BendPak and is sold under the name MaxJax. Some improvements have been made by Bend Pak. @Yander

/ Car lift in garage
BendPak says not to install the lift base plates any closer than 6" to control joints. I forget to check for that when the concrete crew did their 3/4" saw cut joints. That will change where I need to put the lift.