Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,891  
As a tax payer I realize I am going to be pouring money into solar panels and storage batteries come hell or high water. As the technology improves, I'm serious about looking at how I can recoup some tax dollars by participating in the effort.

I have mine in the vertical position due to high winds in the mid-west that exceed 75mph. This is less of a foot print to the wind. Horizontal is too wide to withstand the high winds and will rip the panel right off of it's supports. Before setting up my system I watched a few of the YT vids of how wind alone can ruin 10s of thousands of dollars in invested solar.

The winds are so bad out here and destroy so many solar panels that beginners just give up.

One of the successful 5,000+ panel operations in our area is Camping World. Their panels are extremely low to the ground with row wind deflection. Short small panels in this area are the only viable solution for ground based panels. Larger panels on sloped roofs works as well.

Notice the fag to the right. The flag is larger than a semi-trailer with the wind filling it strongly.
1669336894964.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,892  
As a tax payer I realize I am going to be pouring money into solar panels and storage batteries come hell or high water. As the technology improves, I'm serious about looking at how I can recoup some tax dollars by participating in the effort.

In my area, electric has to triple or more in price before i would really consider it. The pay back is just too long, especially since i dont plan on living in my house more than 10 years. Plus adding value out here is questionable. Its a 50+ year old house, so i really dont want to invest in it much anyway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,893  
In my area, electric has to triple or more in price before i would really consider it. The pay back is just too long, especially since i dont plan on living in my house more than 10 years. Plus adding value out here is questionable. Its a 50+ year old house, so i really dont want to invest in it much anyway.
I expect your case is typical of the majority of people.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,894  
This points out why car makers are leaving fossil fuel vehicles as fast as they possibly can and it's just a cost factor that has l to do with environment per se.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,896  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,897  
Is just a 120V or 240V outlet with a sign. The kind of thing that was common to "feature" one-offs in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics.
What about the other 49 photos? :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,898  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,899  
This should make the ones calling for this action Happy.

“Experts estimate that we need to triple the capacity of our electrical vehicle transmission system by 2050.”

Does that mean that they only expect three times as many electric vehicles in 27 years, that is not many. Now electric vehicles are 5.5% of total vehicles, so are they only expecting around 20% by the year 2050?

Last edited: