Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,961  
I have two of those connectors on my service truck with a quick connect set of jumps cables.

Makes it handy to when I need to top up the def tank on the service truck. DEF pump has alligator clips. So I just clip them to the positive and negative on that quick connect instead of having to pop the hood.
Sometimes our military gets things right. But they probably pilfered the idea from commercial use..... :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,962  
Another excellent question!!!! US Military vehicles have a female connector on them. A heavy electrical cord with male ends can attach two vehicles. This can be used to "jump start" one. Or can be used to power electricals on one that has weak batteries.
I had Dodge Power Wagon that was in the Korean war...it was part of the "ford corps" meant for water crossings...had aircraft sealed ignition system , snorkel on the intake...lots of levers and cables to "pull before fording" etc...it was set up as a radio truck and had two sets of those connectors...that truck was a beast...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,964  
Another excellent question!!!! US Military vehicles have a female connector on them. A heavy electrical cord with male ends can attach two vehicles. This can be used to "jump start" one. Or can be used to power electricals on one that has weak batteries.
It's not proper in 2023 to say male & female connectors anymore is it? Maybe the plug is non binary or any of the other 67 types?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,965  
It's not proper in 2023 to say male & female connectors anymore is it? Maybe the plug is non binary or any of the other 67 types?
They were on the vehicle. Them were on the cord. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,966  
Just responded to an accident with a brand new electric Jaguar. Tires were more for range than traction, road was snow covered and it was apparently moving right along. Glanced off a BMW and hit a tree. Wrecker operator mentioned he has seen a lot of these where the car is in regenerative breaking mode and the tires just skid on the snow , he had a good point. Turn off those Jake breaks ! Driver was fine but she said she hoped it was totaled. I said would you get another? She said no way ! That thing is terrible in the snow !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,967  
Just responded to an accident with a brand new electric Jaguar. Tires were more for range than traction, road was snow covered and it was apparently moving right along. Glanced off a BMW and hit a tree. Wrecker operator mentioned he has seen a lot of these where the car is in regenerative breaking mode and the tires just skid on the snow , he had a good point. Turn off those Jake breaks ! Driver was fine but she said she hoped it was totaled. I said would you get another? She said no way ! That thing is terrible in the snow !
I drove a friend's Iroc Z years ago which was about as useless in snow. 60 series tires all of the way around, I was glad to get it back to his shop without incident.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,968  
Sometimes our military gets things right. But they probably pilfered the idea from commercial use..... :)
We had those on all of our delivery trucks and vans at my last employer. Plow trucks, too. But that's back when we had a fleet of 50ish trucks and vans.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,969  
Got passed by a BMW on scary blind curve, on a snowy mountain road where the snow walls were 3-5 ft high on both sides. A couple of miles later we found a notch in the bank and the BMW way down the slope backwards. Everybody was out and waving. We waved as we drove by.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,970  
Today I learn. I have 70 plus age friends that want to experience behind the steering wheel. Going from zero to 60 in 4.8 seconds
Epiphany today: Gale's Model Y is his manifestation of midlife crisis!