TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,671  
??? There's been no customer rationing or total sell-out around here for quite a while. It looks like we're heading back to not available at any price.
Yes, but...the selections have been low and the prices very high (not that I expect them to come down much with the cost of raw materials etc). Some things are still nearly impossible to find, an example is match grade .22 has been extremely hard if have favorite flavor or for price .44 mag is over $1/ea for nearly anything. Primers are also still very spotty.

I do see a lot of rebates and sales going on for firearms which leads me to believe they're starting to see discretionary spending decrease so that may carry over to ammo prices, we'll see.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,672  
Good gravy, a true dinosaur hunting rifle!
1675002387272.png

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,676  
With a brake, no rifle is bad recoil wise.
Considering a 25mm projectile weights 1/4 pound or more and it's flying at 3,000+ fps at the muzzle you might want to think about chaining it down in addition to the muzzel break.

I think the bushmaster in the Bradley weighs 250lbs, then it's strapped to a 5 ton turret inside a 20 ton vehicle and still shakes it pretty good.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,678  
I bought (backordered) another Trijicon Credo HX 1-6 x 24 scope, this one with the .223 BDC red for my new AR-.223. I already have the same scope in .308 BDC red for my AR-.308

The .223 BDC must be the most popular reticle, as it was out of stock everywhere. Euro-optic had the lowest price and allowed backordering. Hopefully I don't have too long of a wait.

I really like those scopes for an AR, what I consider a 200 yd hunting gun for hogs for my needs. I know I have longer range if needed. I have both scopes mounted in LaRue 104 mounts, so I can swap between a thermal and conventional scope. I'll use the .223 for coyotes and predators and the .308 for hogs.

I hog hunted my lease last Wed-Fri and slayed them with the .308 with a few at night with the thermal and a few during the day with the Credo. This time of year is my favorite for hunting hogs. Deer season is over and most of the deer feeders have run out on the lease and surrounding properties and the weather is cold, making the pigs active longer to find calories. I'll find the pigs amongst the prickly pear and turkey pear, digging up roots in evenings and early mornings.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,680  
99% of Tridge stuff is Chinese FYI.

Not sure if are saying Trijicon but if so.....

From their Site:

"The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, RMR®cc SRO®, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.

Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin."