• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Who's got one?

/ Who's got one? #31  
I don't think they have a mid-mount PTO. I could easily overlook that in favor of a rear mounted finish mower. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in instances of needing dealer support. I have looked at the tractor on display at the local Atwoods store and I personally think they stand out from their competitors. The size is just right for what I intend to do. The standard features makes it just right for my small farm. When I bought my CC/Yanmar new years ago. I never needed any service work. Parts were needed only twice I think. I would like to see what their plan is if service is needed but I am not sure that it would make any difference when it comes time to make the decision to buy.
So far, the only issues I've seen with the Solis is the front axle wheel seals. All of the complains I've seen were on tractors that had loaders on them and we all know how some people treat their loader tractors... So nothing that would really concern me.

I've read about one or two people complaining about overheating while mowing but they leave a lot of details behind. Again, nothing that would bother me either, plus depending on the material that's being mowed, it may require cleaning the radiator several times during the job. I've had that happen to me and that's something not everyone quite understand until they have a big repair bill.

/ Who's got one?
So far, the only issues I've seen with the Solis is the front axle wheel seals. All of the complains I've seen were on tractors that had loaders on them and we all know how some people treat their loader tractors... So nothing that would really concern me.

I've read about one or two people complaining about overheating while mowing but they leave a lot of details behind. Again, nothing that would bother me either, plus depending on the material that's being mowed, it may require cleaning the radiator several times during the job. I've had that happen to me and that's something not everyone quite understand until they have a big repair bill.
Yep, I do the clean out often when I am mowing the waterways or borders of my property. When the weeds are up, brushing the seeds and fuzz out of the radiator is critical. I've looked at the Summit tractor every time I go to the store. Everyone will have a different purpose for it I'm sure. For my place the size and standard features makes it a stand out. There are times I think I want a cab but really I think it would destroy some of the handiness of it for me. When I was a kid, I drove tractors a lot without anything over the operator. A good canopy would do me for now.

/ Who's got one? #33  
I don't think they have a mid-mount PTO. I could easily overlook that in favor of a rear mounted finish mower. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in instances of needing dealer support. I have looked at the tractor on display at the local Atwoods store and I personally think they stand out from their competitors. The size is just right for what I intend to do. The standard features makes it just right for my small farm. When I bought my CC/Yanmar new years ago. I never needed any service work. Parts were needed only twice I think. I would like to see what their plan is if service is needed but I am not sure that it would make any difference when it comes time to make the decision to buy.
Thanks for the comment. The tractor does have a mid-PTO and we have service in the areas wherever our tractors are sold.

/ Who's got one? #34  
Thanks for the comment. The tractor does have a mid-PTO and we have service in the areas wherever our tractors are sold.
Gutsy move starting a new brand with the world economies being so.... well you know... best of luck to y'all. We may well be helping your cause soon'ish. Cheers.

/ Who's got one? #35  
We decided on Thursday to make the purchase. I called the Atwood store in Joplin, got some information and told them we would be there on Saturday. We got up 5:30am, I loaded the trailer onto the truck and we were on the road to Joplin. Two and a half hours and a Billy Sims lunch later we arrived at the Atwood store. They were fairly busy, but once I told them we were there to buy a Summit tractor they sprang into action. We looked over the tractor with the store managers and asked if they would do a package deal. We left the store with much more than we anticipated. A Summit GX54 GRAPPLE, a box plane, a garden tiller, and a 6' 3 point rock rake. Oh, and a new Summit TX25H tractor & LX85 Loader too! All for less than the starting price of any of Summit's competitors tractors. A tractor and four major implements for LESS than the cost of an X name tractor, without most the standard features the Summit has. I am looking forward to unloading our new tractor tomorrow morning and getting to work on our new garden. This is my first tractor and I think I made a great choice to go with the Summit TX25 tractor.

We have a 10 acre heavily wooded property in Green View, MO. and this Summit tractor is going to, I believe, be the perfect size and power for me to get the work done I want to. I first found out about this tractor through the Good Works Tractor youtube account. After watching most all the videos they have on the Summit tractor I was sold. A huge shout out to the Atwood manager and her crew, they went above and beyond for us. They told us we got the seventh tractor sold from that store, and we can't be any prouder about it.

/ Who's got one? #36  
We decided on Thursday to make the purchase. I called the Atwood store in Joplin, got some information and told them we would be there on Saturday. We got up 5:30am, I loaded the trailer onto the truck and we were on the road to Joplin. Two and a half hours and a Billy Sims lunch later we arrived at the Atwood store. They were fairly busy, but once I told them we were there to buy a Summit tractor they sprang into action. We looked over the tractor with the store managers and asked if they would do a package deal. We left the store with much more than we anticipated. A Summit GX54 GRAPPLE, a box plane, a garden tiller, and a 6' 3 point rock rake. Oh, and a new Summit TX25H tractor & LX85 Loader too! All for less than the starting price of any of Summit's competitors tractors. A tractor and four major implements for LESS than the cost of an X name tractor, without most the standard features the Summit has. I am looking forward to unloading our new tractor tomorrow morning and getting to work on our new garden. This is my first tractor and I think I made a great choice to go with the Summit TX25 tractor.

We have a 10 acre heavily wooded property in Green View, MO. and this Summit tractor is going to, I believe, be the perfect size and power for me to get the work done I want to. I first found out about this tractor through the Good Works Tractor youtube account. After watching most all the videos they have on the Summit tractor I was sold. A huge shout out to the Atwood manager and her crew, they went above and beyond for us. They told us we got the seventh tractor sold from that store, and we can't be any prouder about it.
Please start a new thread after you put it to use and give us a review. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Who's got one? #37  

Congratulations on new purchase. As you put the unit to work share expectations how they been met. We are watching the brand to see how well the following thoughts: 1. Quality of the unit 2. Reliability of the unit 3. Capability lastly the most important 4. Support. Your input is valuable to the site please share. No doubt it’s exciting time for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your post today. I would like to purchase one but need good feedback before committing. No rush on my side but need good data to make decision.

/ Who's got one? #38  
I got one tx25 bought it 5/2/23 at Clarion PA. do yourself a favor and get on the tractor and try actually starting the tractor -like key placement-and operating the tractor controls like the handle placement for rear hydraulic against seat and leg very uncomfortable,placement of the 4x4 control.i'm serious look at these at 73 years old and little heavy you can't do anything with them.i have to get off tractor to put it in 4x4 then get back on .now be sure to check all hydraulic connections had three leaking and have one i can't get to stop yet have a call into summit for a new hose and fitting but haven't had a call back yet.well enough ranting just glad i haven't sold my rk19 yet

/ Who's got one? #39  
I got one tx25 bought it 5/2/23 at Clarion PA. do yourself a favor and get on the tractor and try actually starting the tractor -like key placement-and operating the tractor controls like the handle placement for rear hydraulic against seat and leg very uncomfortable,placement of the 4x4 control.i'm serious look at these at 73 years old and little heavy you can't do anything with them. I have to get off tractor to put it in 4x4 then get back on .now be sure to check all hydraulic connections had three leaking and have one i can't get to stop yet have a call into summit for a new hose and fitting but haven't had a call back yet.well enough ranting just glad i haven't sold my rk19 yet

There is no lever or button in the operators station to engage 4X4?

Just curious why someone would buy a new brand over an established brand like NH, Kubota, or JD?

/ Who's got one? #40  
There is no lever or button in the operators station to engage 4X4?

Just curious why someone would buy a new brand over an established brand like NH, Kubota, or JD?
yeah there is a lever down below the seat but it is very=very hard to reach and push down.bought it for the options and price

Ad bottom of page