Hydraulic Selector Valve Question

/ Hydraulic Selector Valve Question #1  

lincmercguy

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5105, JD 5055E
I have a JD 5105 with center-hydraulics and a joystick for the loader. I'm thinking I'd like to get a hydraulic top-link on my box blade and be able to run other hydraulics as necessary. I could just disconnect the bucket tilt and connect the other hydraulics as necessary, but I was thinking of adding a hydraulic selector valve instead. I don't need the fancy electric one, I think I'd be able to reach a manual one from the operator platform (when stopped, of course). Has anyone done this before on this tractor or something similar? I've searched around a bit, but didn't find anything specific to this tractor.

I haven't researched the fitting sizes, but I was thinking something like this. I've seen larger versions on air seeders to switch between the fan and loading auger. This seems like a much lighter-duty application.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Six-Port-Two-Position-Selector/dp/B00MQ6V2M6

/ Hydraulic Selector Valve Question #2  
I'd do a remote valve (or a stack of a couple of them) instead. It's more useful and not more complicated.

/ Hydraulic Selector Valve Question
As in one of the electrically controlled service splitters?

/ Hydraulic Selector Valve Question #4  
You will want to tap in to the power beyond to add a stack of open center spool valves.

Ah, so just run the PB to the valve stack and then return to sump and make sure the valve stack is open center compatible. I'll dig into the manual on the PB fittings. It seems straight forward, I'd just have to figure out how to mount the valve block and rear ports.

/ Hydraulic Selector Valve Question #7  
Ah, so just run the PB to the valve stack and then return to sump and make sure the valve stack is open center compatible. I'll dig into the manual on the PB fittings. It seems straight forward, I'd just have to figure out how to mount the valve block and rear ports.

First, do you now have PB on your loader valve?

The answer is in the number of hoses connected to the valve. 6 and you do NOT have PB, 7 and you do. If you do, what is it feeding? Likely 3 pt hitch.

If the loader valve has 7 hoses and is feeding the 3 pt hitch, then whatever valve you get for your remotes will also need PB so that the 3 pt hitch continues to receive hydraulic power.

Do not make the common mistake of buying a valve with the biggest flow rate. Doing so will give you difficulty making fine position adjustments with whatever the valve controls. . One case where smaller is better

Dave M7040

Makes sense, thanks for the info. The mid-mount valve does have seven hoses. It looks like there is still a PB kit available for the model as well. Good call on the flow rate, don't exactly need fast hydraulics for the SCV. Doing some more digging, it looks like they originally sold the tractors with the option of having both rear SCV valves and the joystick valves. I'll have to do some digging.

Selective control valves (SCVs)

Looks like LVB25065 is the whole kit for rear SCV's according to the parts book.