John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse

/ John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse #1  

Steve55

Tractor
As soon as I turn the switch my F1 fuse 20 amp switch blows. I was told that it was my cold start advance switch blowing the fuse. Does anyone have a wire diagrahm or can tell me exactly where this sensor is.

Thanks
Steve

/ John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse #2  
I looked at the manual for your tractor, there are different fuse blocks for your tractor. Assuming you are correct on the problem the following should help you.

If F1 is for the fuel solenoid, the part you are looking for is RE503242. If you goto JDparts on the URL provided and look up the part using part number lookup, you will see it is part 10 and is connected by a wire off of the fuel solenoid.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

The sensor on the thermostat housing controls the advance on the injection pump. When it fails it shorts out and blows the fuse. Try unplugging it, replace fuse and see if it starts and runs. If you are quick changing it, you don't have to drain the coolant, just make sure it's not hot at the time. You will want a pan under the tractor to catch the coolant, so as not too have to clean it up.

You may need to re-prime the fuel system, if it still does not start

5425 Manual
http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMP72191_19/?tM=FR

Attachments

• RE503242.jpg
    RE503242.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,737
   / John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse #3  
I looked at the manual for your tractor, there are different fuse blocks for your tractor. Assuming you are correct on the problem the following should help you.

If F1 is for the fuel solenoid, the part you are looking for is RE503242. If you goto JDparts on the URL provided and look up the part using part number lookup, you will see it is part 10 and is connected by a wire off of the fuel solenoid.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

The sensor on the thermostat housing controls the advance on the injection pump. When it fails it shorts out and blows the fuse. Try unplugging it, replace fuse and see if it starts and runs. If you are quick changing it, you don't have to drain the coolant, just make sure it's not hot at the time. You will want a pan under the tractor to catch the coolant, so as not too have to clean it up.

You may need to re-prime the fuel system, if it still does not start

5425 Manual
OMP72191

I have a 5105. Mine had this same problem and thanks to this info I was able to repair it easily. I have to wonder if we can run these tractors without this input. Just unplug, replace fuse and go back to work.

/ John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse #4  
yupp. my second second sensor in 9 years??? crazy. apparently, if your in the warm states that temps are quite high shouldnt need it but up north yes, thats what ive been told

/ John Deere 5425 Blowing F1 Fuse #5  
yupp. my second second sensor in 9 years??? crazy. apparently, if your in the warm states that temps are quite high shouldnt need it but up north yes, thats what ive been told

I still think JD engineers should have found a cure for the cold start sensor failures after ALL THESE YEARS of failures.