John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed

/ John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed #1  

bigblock76

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2120, John Deere 3140, John Deere 2950, John Deere 7700 Combine, John Deere STX38
Hello,

Does anyone have access or know where to get a wiring diagram for the staring circuit on a JD 3140?

When I turn the key, no start. If I jump the leads on the starter, it will turn over. I've tested the key switch and when I turn it over to start, I get 12v on the pin, but when I check the same wire on the starter relay, there is no 12v there. I'm wondering if the wire goes somewhere else first after it comes off the key before it goes to the starter relay.

Anyone have a wiring diagram?

/ John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed #2  
Starter activation wire should go to neutral start switch(key 14) on the top frt of rockshaft housing before getting to relay/solenoid. Sometimes one can remove switch then remove a sealing washer or 2 reinstall switch & it will make contact.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,112
   / John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed
Starter activation wire should go to neutral start switch(key 14) on the top frt of rockshaft housing before getting to relay/solenoid. Sometimes one can remove switch then remove a sealing washer or 2 reinstall switch & it will make contact.

Checked the switch, it was bad when I went to ohm it out and move the gears. It would stay open then entire time.

An expensive switch at that. Almost $80 Canadian!

/ John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed #4  
The same switch is 1/2 price in USA. AT85153 Switch - ADD 36.63 USD

/ John Deere 3140 Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram Needed
Yup, I believe it. You guys got it good down there :)