23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #1  

greyhound788

I just came across something that might help some of us save some serious $$. It appears from my www surfing that certain eligible members of the American QuarterHorse Association (AQHA) are eligible for up to a 23% discount on 5000 and 6000 series JD tractors, rotary cutters, loaders.. you have to be a member for at least 30 days... and apparently you call in and get a # and take this # to the JD dealer to make your deal..

Has anyone out there actually done this???

thanks,
Fred
NH

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #2  
It's a little more comlicated than that. The discount ranges from 10-23% off of list. The discount applies to ALL of Deere's equipment up to the 7000 series tractors. It also applies to balers, mower conditioners, etc.

Now the key is that you have to be more than an aqha member. You also have to a lifetime aqha member. Then you have to have a legitimate horse related business. They will ask for tax id #'s and such to prove your horse business. Then you need to get an account with aqha members plus corporate partner program. Once you do this then you are eligible to call and get the equipment you want to purchase for a discount.

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #3  
So I wonder what happens to the average Joe/Joette that walks in and demands a match on that discount. Especially those people that enjoy horsing and farming around, but that don't belong to any "associations".

I already know the answer.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #4  
The 23% is interesting. My daughter can get Ford "A" plan pricing on Case NH equipment. She can buy a tractor for 25% off list.

So we can figure there is probably a 25% profit going somewhere on any given tractor. The dealer gets some, the manufacturer gets some. How much of it can you haggle your way out of paying? Notice that's profit, meaning after all costs are paid, including materials, labor, energy used in manufacture/shipping, etc.

I'm not against the companies making a profit, but 25% seems like a lot. Consider that your typical Ford Expedition earns about $12,000 for Ford Motor Company. Not the dealer, FOMOCO.

Just something to consider as you feel badly about haggling over prices.

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #5  
The Deere dealer swears to me that with no special discounts or anything that 23% off is less than they can buy the tractor for. Ford A plan is also considerably less than dealer cost. A plan is what the mfg. has into the tractor before they make a profit from selling to the dealer. You buy from Ford not the dealer on those deals and no on A plan the dealer doesn't make a dime.

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #6  
On almost every one of the 'plan' pricing models, whether for tractors or vehicles, the dealer doesn't make any money and in most cases, just recovers their costs. It's almost like a direct sale from the manufacturer to the purchaser. In other words, the dealer would not last long if all they sold were plan tractors/vehicles.

IMO, as a consumer, my job is to get the best deal on what I am buying. It's not my job to determine what profit someone should make.

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Deere dealer swears to me that with no special discounts or anything that 23% off is less than they can buy the tractor for. )</font>

Isn’t that what most of them say? Hard to tell where the truth departs from the salesmanship. I wish EVERY business in this country would disclose true dealer cost to everyone and OEM’s sold to ALL dealers at the same cost regardless of volume so the difference in pricing from dealer to dealer - product to product would be dealer/product quality and not price.

State of Minnesota shows a 27% discount off MSRP on these machines, though it appears they are dealing direct with JD? If they are dealing direct I would imagine the dealers aren’t too happy with that. Looking over most of the other OEM’s so far JD is the only one I’ve seen like that, the machines I’m interested in range 20-26% off MSRP on average, but vary widely for other machines. MSRP’s are guide, but most often used to overcharge the customer in my opinion. Wish we could get true dealer cost and stop the games in tractors. I don’t know anyone who would buy a car these days without at least a window sticker and most knowing the dealer holdback and invoice price.

Best site on the net for tractors IMO.....my praise to the State of MN for allowing us to see what most tractor companies seem to not want us to see.

If one right clicks and “save link target as....” to their hard drive (or just open it with high speed connects) it’s a wealth of info.

State of MN DOT pricing

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members
I was just told by AQHA that all AQHA members, not just Life Members, are eligible for the JD discounts... provided they meet other criteria for eligibility (e.g., horse operation, breeder, etc)..... so I think I am eligible...and I've just completed the "Members Plus" form so I can get the certificate and # to take to the JD Dealer to see about what kind of discount off of MSRP they will offer. I'll keep you posted. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 23% discounts on big JD for AQHA Members #10  
Are you sure it isn't just the $500 coupon? You not only have to have an equine business but it has to be a full-time business. They will come back and make you pay back the difference if you aren't. It also says on AQHA's webpage that you must be a lifetime member or you have to be a 4ahorse professional trainer. I think you may have gotten bad information.