Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e?

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
I am troubleshooting a starting issue for my 5065e and hoping it is the temperature sensor that shorted. If that is not the problem, does anyone know other loads in that 30 amp circuit? That sensor is likely only one of several loads for such a large fuse. I just want to know what to look at next if that is not the culprit. Thanks!

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #2  
I will be surprised if it is the temperature sensor as the fuel solenoid, from what I read on various tractors with the 2.9 cyl is a 20 amp fuse. Also if the fuel solenoid fuse blows the tractor will turn over just will not start because it is not getting any fuel and everything else works on the tractor.

I looked at the online manuals (see URL below) there are different manuals depending on year. In your operators manual what does it say the 30 amp fuse is for?

I think we will need a wiring diagram to figure this out. Does any member have a wiring diagram?

John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment List

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e?
My operators manual does not say what the 30 amp ACC fuse powers. I am guessing the rear work light along with the temp sensor. TX Jim said the temp sensor is on that fuse. Others had also said that sensor shorting prevented their tractor from starting. My farm is 45 miles from civilization and when I am out there working on it I would like to know where else to look if it won't start once I disconnect the temp sensor. From other reading that sensor only provides the "cold start" function and does not impact instrument panel temp gauge. My dealer won't tell me and offered to sell me the Tech Manual. My tractor will not turn over but just has a loud tapping noise coming from starter. Sounds like low voltage preventing the solenoid plunger from engaging the bendix gear to the flywheel. I did not even get that tapping noise until I replaced the 30 amp fuse; just a click with each turn of key.

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #4  
What does ACC mean? I have a 5210 with the same engine and have had to replace the temp sensor. Looking at the manuals online, what year is your tractor, is it open station and what transmission do you have? I need to know this to be able to look at the correct manual.

What does ACC mean? I have a 5210 with the same engine and have had to replace the temp sensor. Looking at the manuals online, what year is your tractor, is it open station and what transmission do you have? I need to know this to be able to look at the correct manual.

2012 Open station, 9/3 Sync Reverser

Manual does not say what ACC means. It is on the fuse block cover legend

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #6  
Here is what I think is the correct manual, please confirm. Load Center - 1 Fuses and Relays涌OS (PowrReverser Transmission). If I am in the correct fuse box it is either key switch fuse or light switch fuse. I am going with key switch.

Attached is the wiring starting system for my 5210. I know it is not the same tractor, but it is the best I got.

If you feel I am on the correct track. My suggestion is get some 30 amp fuses and either start at the starter disconnecting things until you stop blowing the fuse. Second suggestion start at the PTO switch and take a look at the wiring and see if anything got disconnected.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMSJ23691_19/?tM=FR

Attachments

• startsystem.jpg
    startsystem.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 343
My tractor is not a Power Reverser. It is a Sync Shuttle with a clutch. I got confused with the Sync Reverser which also has a clutch but is not synchronized for speed shifts. My fuse block in Operator Manual shows a picture and labels this (2nd from top left just to right of "right turn relay) fuse B, 30 amp fuse "30A-ACC Relay" but it is a bussman blade fuse. Fuse "J" on bottom row is 30A-key switch". There is a separate fuse H (30A-flood light) and I (30A-light switch).

/ Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #8  
My guess is ACC stands for ACCessories that on my tractor is on a 30 amp fuse. Do you have anything plugged into the outlet on the back of the tractor ie the 7 pin connector?

See attachment.

Attachments

• ACC.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
   / Loads on 30 amp ACC fuse for 5065e? #9  
There's been a bunch of threads about how when the temperature sensor fails on this series, it shorts the fuse.
Many people just unplug the sensor, and replace the fuse and they're good to go.
From what I understand the sensor is just to advance the fuel pump on cold starts for EPA compliance. (i.e. not really needed)

My guess is ACC stands for ACCessories that on my tractor is on a 30 amp fuse. Do you have anything plugged into the outlet on the back of the tractor ie the 7 pin connector?

See attachment.

Nothing plugged in to that Outlet; never used it. I will trace wire to fuse block and see if grounded (cut wire , or shorted).