Oil & Fuel Front axle draining

/ Front axle draining #1  

Lieber

Tractor
Kiotidk40se
Was draining the front axle,center bolt,decided to check the small bolts on each end one came gushing out,the other just dripped real slow as if it was empty,so I opened the top big plug and it came gushing out the top.I ran a wire thinking the bottom plug must be restricted,but nothing?I gave it a shot of air and it all came out the center plug on the axle,never did come out the bottom plug on that side.I decided to drain the axle because the site gauge was reading empty.I dont have a manual,but It seemed to have almost 2'gal in the axle.When you fill the axle thru the top plug,I'm assuming it all eventually goes where it should if on level ground??? This is a dk40 se 2013 with 110 hours. Anybody have any ideas??

/ Front axle draining #2  
It will take 1.9 gal. Let it drain for a awhile then add your oil. The axle won't take all of the fluid at first, add then drive and check again.

/ Front axle draining #3  
I might be mistaken, but I recall reading a thread where someone had a similar issue with no fluid coming out of the outer axle drain plug. I believe the cause was an O ring or seal, installed at the factory that was restricting the flow of fluid to the drain plug. Hopefully someone else will chime in and direct you to the thread if it exists.

/ Front axle draining #4  
I had this problem. When looking into the drian hole I could see something real shinny. I called my dealer and spoke to the service rep. I explained what happened and what I saw. He figures the bearing race was put in wrong.

/ Front axle draining #5  
No, it is not the bearing race. It is the plug in the bottom that seals the assembly. Look in there and you can see the top of the o-ring [at least you could on mine] where it seals the bottom section. I believe the housing was just machined a little deep. I pulled mine apart just to be sure. CJ

/ Front axle draining #6  
No, it is not the bearing race. It is the plug in the bottom that seals the assembly. Look in there and you can see the top of the o-ring [at least you could on mine] where it seals the bottom section. I believe the housing was just machined a little deep. I pulled mine apart just to be sure. CJ

So what was the fix? Mines going back once it slows down and before the warranty is up.

/ Front axle draining #7  
So what was the fix? Mines going back once it slows down and before the warranty is up.

Fix for what? If your concerned about it not draining out all the way, you can take it apart and grind a slot by the drain plug to allow it to drain faster. But to me it was not a big issue after cleaning out the little bit of metal that was in there from the new gears wearing in, I just reassembled it. Would not be a problem to leave it as is. CJ

/ Front axle draining #8  
Also just a thought, I don't trust too many people working on my stuff. If the person you spoke to believes it is a race? why has it not fell apart? A race is not something that can be put in wrong that will last any amount of time. I have seen them not seated and even put in backwards and none of them lasted without being loose and in the case of the backwards ones fell apart almost immediately. So be careful on someone tearing something apart that they are not sure about. CJ

/ Front axle draining #9  
I doubt it's a bearing race as you say it would have failed by now. I spoke to the service rep not the mechanic. Once it goes in for repair I'll find out for sure. Mine would drain a drop at a time, it is not correct and needs to be fixed.

/ Front axle draining #10  
Here are a couple exploded views of the axle that may help everyone talk about it.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg