Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #1  

welyell

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Does the Kubota Build & Price website show all the configurations that are available for the various models? I used the website to build out an L4701, but a 3rd function remote for the FEL was not an option. The third function remote option only appears on the L4760 model. Thanks in advance :)

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #2  
For what it is worth there are no Diverter valves (what they are called in Wholegoods) identified in the Wholegoods listing for the L4701. Only the Grand L's have a kit listed. This is consistent with what you've found.

Perhaps it is worth confirming with your local dealer.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website
I won't be hitting the dealers 'till next summer, but when I figure out what can and can't be done I'll report back. My being a newbie is going to show with this next question - Don't you need a 3rd function remote to run a grapple?

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #4  
They don’t show everything. Not sure what the criteria are, but in the past year configuring many different machines multiple times there are dealer installed options that dont show up. Also some equipment that doesn’t show up. For instance some excavator attachments that dont show on the configuration, dealer installed tractor options, etc. Definitely talk to the dealer.

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #5  
We have run lines from the rear remote to the front for the third function for years. Not quite as nice as being nearly all steel lines like the factory units on the 660 series but functional.

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website
We have run lines from the rear remote to the front for the third function for years. Not quite as nice as being nearly all steel lines like the factory units on the 660 series but functional.

I am looking at getting 3 rear remotes. Later down the road I can see wanting to get a ditch/bank flail mower and I understand I need at least two rear remotes to run one of those. So using the rear remotes as a 3rd function up front is just a matter of getting the hose(s) made that have the length to stretch from one to the other? Do you just hook them up and lay them down across the top of the tractor?

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #7  
I won't be hitting the dealers 'till next summer, but when I figure out what can and can't be done I'll report back. My being a newbie is going to show with this next question - Don't you need a 3rd function remote to run a grapple?

A third function valve is the most convenient way to operate a grapple bucket but you can operate one from a rear remote by routing hoses from the rear to the front.

SDT

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #8  
You can buy a WR Long 3rd function kit and install it yourself. The kits come with the hoses, fittings, and brackets needed for the tractor model you order it for and it puts the switch on the loader handle. Kits typically cost $800-$900. WR Long is one of the more predominate makers of these kits and they make a quality setup.

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #9  
The Land Pride division of Kubota has a 3rd function make specifically for that tractor. Its nicer than the WR valve.

The build and price tool is good, but its not perfect.

/ Question on Kubota's Build and Price Website #10  
I've always thought of the build/price function as helpful but not completely accurate. There are a lot of add-ons and trinkets that will not show up here.