F Series Snow Plow

/ F Series Snow Plow #1  

greenrider1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC
Does anyone have any pics of how the snow plow mounts on the F series? I have an F3080 and I'm currently using a homemade snow pusher mounted to the lift arms, but I have a used snow plow that I'd like to use instead, and I think it really should be mounted back to the frame or axle, and just use the arms for lift. I'd consider just buying the mount plates from Kubota, but I can't seem to find any diagrams for any accessories except for the mowers. Any help would be appreciated.

/ F Series Snow Plow
I should note the plow I'd like to use is a 6' Fisher plow, not Kubota, so I'm looking to fabricate (or purchase) the mounts that connect to the tractor, so pics would be beneficial if I'm going to fabricate them.

/ F Series Snow Plow
Thanks Pete6114. Looks like it will be easier to fabricate my own mounts instead of trying to adapt the quick hitch to fit my plow.

/ F Series Snow Plow #5  
I can scan a few pages of my Quick hitch Manual, just to get a idea on how it mounts to my 2690. Whatever you rig up yourself will probably have to be mounted alike, even though the end attaching to the blade would obviously be different. (I was looking that a Manual online but cant find one)

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 398
   / F Series Snow Plow
I couldn't find much information online for the quick hitch either. If you could post a pic or a diagram of how it attaches to the tractor, I would greatly appreciate it.

/ F Series Snow Plow #7  
I'll scan it in the morning for you

/ F Series Snow Plow #9  
I scanned what i think you need from it.

Attachments

• Quick Hitch.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 359
   / F Series Snow Plow
It doesn't look like the quick hitch has any brackets that actually attach to the frame of the tractor. Looking at the pic of the manual that Pete6114 posted earlier, it appears the arms with the half circles cut out just rotate on the shaft where the existing lift arms attach, and then are attached to the lift arms futher out with two bolts. It doesn't appear that this system is designed to provide any additional strength that the lift arms couldn't provide, but rather just to make it possible to use the same quick hitch implements that are used on several other models. From some pics I've found, it looks like the two square blocks that bolt to the existing lift arms are used as stops to limit the lift height. I've been using my homemade snow pusher for 3 seasons so far just pinned to the existing lift arms, with no ill effects to the tractor. I will say that these little tractors can push some serious snow for their size/weight! The pusher box works really well, but there's times a plow would work better to be able to cast the snow off to the sides. I'm thinking my best bet is to simply mount my plow to the existing lift arms in the same manner as my existing pusher, and not try to overcomplicate things by trying to use the quick hitch, which is obviously designed for quick hitch compatible inplements.