Helping Neighbors is Awsome!

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #1  

thavil

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Next door neighbor (20 years my senior and I really don't know them) has had a dump truck load of recycled asphalt sitting beside his gravel driveway for 3 months compacting on its own weight. They have a relative that owns a much larger Deere, so I never thought to offer my assistance. I passed by their house today and saw him and a few young boys digging into the compacted pile with shovels and a pick.

A few minutes after I got home, I decided that they needed help and my small BX24 was just sitting in my shed doing nothing today. I threw on my FEL, box blade and SMV sign (had them off in mowing mode) and headed down the street to offer assistance (yes, I have KTAC insurance). As I pulled up, I could see the relief in their faces and asked them if I could help.

I finished spreading and leveling the recycled asphalt a few hours later and never felt better about life. They insisted on paying me but I wouldn't take any money from them. His wife insisted on giving me something so I now have a carrot cake on its way sometime soon.:thumbsup:

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #3  
Yup, "it's better to give than receive" is not just a saying.

JB.

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #5  
Yup, :thumbsup:
You just made a friend for life. Lend a hand and it comes back around.

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #6  
Did the same here last week. Saw neighbor and his kid digging footings for his new deck with a pair of shovels!!! Would have taken him days to do it. Popped over with the 7800 and dug out 6 holes for his footings in maybe an hour!

He wanted to pay me but I refused...he popped over the other day with 5 gals of diesel and a case of beer! I never say no to beer!

Hard to beat the taste of free beer...:D

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #8  
I tried explaining helping to a man that's a bit slow today. He said he would help if anyone asked, doubt it but I told him helping is helping without being asked.
You HELPED today. Good Job!!:thumbsup:

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #9  
Did the same here last week. Saw neighbor and his kid digging footings for his new deck with a pair of shovels!!! Would have taken him days to do it. Popped over with the 7800 and dug out 6 holes for his footings in maybe an hour!

He wanted to pay me but I refused...he popped over the other day with 5 gals of diesel and a case of beer! I never say no to beer!

Hard to beat the taste of free beer...:D

Isn't it nice when people really appreciate it when you have helped them? Ummm beer:licking:

/ Helping Neighbors is Awsome! #10  
Carrot cake, diesel, case of beer, :thumbsup:

The Feeling you get inside!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: