Factory triple remote install

/ Factory triple remote install #1  

C4Ranch

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC
Got all the parts Friday and have "bench" assembled the major components, ready to drop into the L5240 cab next weekend.

Below is a pic of everything ready to go. I shopped 4 different dealers (2 often mentioned here, one didn't reply) and 2 others I've dealt with. Prices varied by several hundred. Best deal was local at just under $1.9k. Wanted a clean install so no real options. You can see quite a lot of pieces went into engineering the linkage.

Attachments

• image-4149263508.jpg
    image-4149263508.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 811
   / Factory triple remote install #2  
I also have a 5240 but with no cab and only 2 remotes, if you need pics of anything to help with the install let me know. Do you have uses for all three remotes or are you just setting them up in case?

/ Factory triple remote install
Thanks!! So far, everything went together easily. Instructions would have been more helpful if they detailed which pm went with each bolt, washer, oring, etc. but I just spread it all out on the kitchen table and with a cup of coffee and the process of deduction it reminded me of my erector set when I was a boy.
Really the only things left are figuring out best way to remove a loaded tire and accessing inside the cab.
As for using all 3, I've got a TNT being built so that will use 2 almost full time. And this is waiting for the 3rd. 76" Gannon with hydraulic scarfers. ;)

Attachments

• image-868399866.jpg
    image-868399866.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 451
   / Factory triple remote install #4  
$1.9K--wow, talk about sticker shock.
When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 in March 2008, I had the dealer install triple rear remotes (his design). Cost: $750.

Remotes 5525-1.JPGRemotes 5525-2.JPG

It's always more cost effective to bundle extras like this as part of the deal for the tractor.

Good luck.

Yep, I've not found anything with the name Kubota to be cheap yet

I got the tractor used so didn't have the opportunity to order it with them.

They average out to a little over $600 ea. I could have got away with 2 but figured while I had it all apart to go ahead and fill it up. Nothing would make me more frustrated to tear it all apart and add another later. Looks to be twice the work vs doing it all the first time.

/ Factory triple remote install #6  
If I ever add more remotes. ( and I probably will some day) I am going to go the stackable Electric over Hydraulic route. You start with one factory remote and one control lever, add the valves in a stack, and a 4 position rotary switch (or one of the multiswitch joystick controllers) and have a total of 4 remotes for under $1000. I have already sourced out the parts and pricing from the manufacture. And you can do it in stages if you don't have all the money upfront. You wind up with just one SCV control lever, but do you need more than one? You can switch the switch to control your top, then to control your tilt, and then to control your angle of say a blade, and I would have the pass thru position go to my front for my grapple.. All with one lever and an a simple switch, with the valves in a row on the back of my crossbar just above the present stock QC connectors. It is all just an idea in my head at this point, but maybe someday it will be a build thread.

That's a good setup. I'm a fan of self design. Will you be able to control float on 2 different valves too?

I have 2 float valves so I can have my ground engaging implements always follow the ground by floating top and side links and be able to quickly pop out of float to raise and turn the drop right back into float by slamming down my 3pt and the 1st 2 remotes. I also wanted to maintain the factory finish.

/ Factory triple remote install #8  
That's a good setup. I'm a fan of self design. Will you be able to control float too?

I have 2 float valves so I can have my ground engaging implements always follow the ground and be able to quickly pop out of float to raise and turn the drop right back into float by slamming down my 3pt and the 1st 2 remotes. I also wanted to maintain the factory finish.

No float because my Kioti valve does not have float, but on your Kubota if you had one original SCV that had float then your multiplied valves would have it too.

/ Factory triple remote install #9  
Loaded tires aren't too bad to man handle on pavement or concrete. If you don't think you want to try it and have access to another tractor with pallet forks that is a good option.

That is a serious blade you have, looking forward to seeing it all together.

/ Factory triple remote install #10  
Thanks!! So far, everything went together easily. Instructions would have been more helpful if they detailed which pm went with each bolt, washer, oring, etc. but I just spread it all out on the kitchen table and with a cup of coffee and the process of deduction it reminded me of my erector set when I was a boy.
Really the only things left are figuring out best way to remove a loaded tire and accessing inside the cab.
As for using all 3, I've got a TNT being built so that will use 2 almost full time. And this is waiting for the 3rd. 76" Gannon with hydraulic scarfers. ;)

I use an engine hoist and rugged strap to remove my tires, first remove the outer fender (4 bolts).

IMGP0021_zps9a79c772.jpg

Fred