Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh?

/ Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh? #31  
Oh. I think I now understand. The stem unscrewed from the wheel? I was thinking the cap was unscrewing the Schrader valve.

Yep, this part unscrewed:

HTB1vy3oIFXXXXXFaXXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

Back together:

download.jpg

/ Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh? #32  
After I got my tractor I opened one of the rear valves with a quick poke of a screwdriver on the valve stem to see if they actually filled them. A little squirt told me yes. It was a clear brown/purple color, and yes it was Rimguard. Like grape Koolaid, but not as thin as water. This was 2.5 yrs ago. So my guess would be that you have Rimguard, especially since they said it was environmentally friendly (a big selling point of RG)

/ Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh?
I just picked up the wheel and they do use Rimguard. It's not to bad as far as weight goes. Myself and the tech rolled the wheel up into my truck using my ATV ramps. Tractor Dealers are getting like Harley & Indian dealers. You could spend a small fortune in clothes, and trinkets for the home. Now to muscle her off the truck and back on the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 172
Wheel is back on the rear of the tractor. I was figuring it wouldn't go on as easy as it came off. I had the stabilizers to help. I lowered the tractor up and down so the opposite side was just skimming the garage floor.
Rolled the tire next to the hub, spun the opposite side perfect to line the stud holes as close a possible. Still no go. To Heavy to lift and position. I'm in shape similiar to a Greek God,, though pushing 60.:laughing:
What I did was toss a handful of sand on the floor. I then Placed a 1/2" piece of cardboard under the hub and rolled the tire on top. ( It was nice and slippery. Like rubbing two ice cubes together. Simple as ****. The wheel rocked and slid on so nice I barely had to touch it.

Rear tire is back on and ready to go. One of the reasons I decided to check my tires is that I just took down a small shed on my property. Walked around the Shed with a Reciprocating saw. She collapsed before my eyes. I cut everything up so to fit the FEL. Nice Bone fire! Hundreds of nails left over. It took a week for the pile to cool. I rolled in and got rid of the pile riding all over the place. Checking my left front tire, she is showing no pressure on the tire gauge. Rolled her around and found a nail in her. Question? Do I really need to lift the front of the tractor up by using the jacking points shown in my manual with a floor jack? Is it OK to to take her off the ground with the FEL? Later set the axle down on jack stands? I have noticed photos of folks lifting their tractors completely off the ground with the FEL & backhoe stabilizers to do their maintenance. Is it safe to lift the front of the tractor off the ground by the FEL to pull a tire? I don't want to start bending stuff.

/ Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh? #37  
--------------------------
Checking my left front tire, she is showing no pressure on the tire gauge. Rolled her around and found a nail in her. Question? Do I really need to lift the front of the tractor up by using the jacking points shown in my manual with a floor jack? Is it OK to to take her off the ground with the FEL? Later set the axle down on jack stands? I have noticed photos of folks lifting their tractors completely off the ground with the FEL & backhoe stabilizers to do their maintenance. Is it safe to lift the front of the tractor off the ground by the FEL to pull a tire? I don't want to start bending stuff.
I see no problem doing that. :thumbsup:

P8171930.JPG

Thanks. I have the Kubota in my Garage on a Cement Floor. I realize out in the field there is "give on the soft ground". In the tractor only manual it shows jacking points. Most likely stated for the tractor alone without a backhoe and FEL.

Crazy. I lifted the tractor and set the front Axle on Jack Stands. Removed the LF tire with the nail in it. Checking the Rear tire that I had remounted and loaded at the dealer shows 10lbs of Air. (OP) The manual says 20lbs. Nothing about loading regarding to air pressure. Do we have a pressure for loaded tires? Is there a difference?

/ Nice little BS mishap today! Want to laugh? #40  
Crazy. I lifted the tractor and set the front Axle on Jack Stands. Removed the LF tire with the nail in it. Checking the Rear tire that I had remounted and loaded at the dealer shows 10lbs of Air. (OP) The manual says 20lbs. Nothing about loading regarding to air pressure. Do we have a pressure for loaded tires? Is there a difference?
This is the third thread I read today asking about pressure on loaded tires. General consensus seems to be just a little less than manual. Main thing is to look at the "contact patch" of a wet tire on concrete so it looks like you are getting full tread contact.