Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
Very difficult job? Anything specific to watch out for?

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #2  
Easy, pesy. Just have catch pan big enough for the amount of fluid.

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #3  
Lowes sells large plastic bins for mixing concrete and other stuff. Makes a cheap but large catch can for draining anything.

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #4  
Just changed mine for the 300 hour service.
3 drain plugs and two filters...easy!
Depending on the access to your fill plug you might have to rig up a funnel with some tubing.

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #5  
Got a big galvanized wash tub to drain the L3130 into, over 12 gallons, you have a couple of plugs in the center and one on each side for the reduction gear housings on the axles.

Instead of a funnel I just used a pail pump that fits in and screws onto the spout of the oil bucket.

David

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430
Even though there are multiple drain plugs, only one fill plug?

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #7  
Only one fill port on mine, behind seat, the transmission fluid for HST and standard trans might be different.

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #8  
On transmission only one fill point, on engine there is 2, one by injection pump and one on valve cover.

David

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #9  
It's a relatively simple job which is made easier if you have a lift. Otherwise, a creeper on a smooth surface will do. If you're changing the front axle / hub fluid as well, it tends to drain down onto the rim and tire. I cut up a 2 liter soda bottle to divert the used oil into the drain pan.

/ Need to change hydraulic oil in L3430 #10  
Like everybody says - it is easy. Just make sure your container is big enough and drain all the drain plugs not just one.

I put a shower drain in an old galvanized pan and piped it to a 55 gal drum with flex couplings for draining. For refilling I set the 5 gal bucket high and use one of those rattle syphon hoses.

I made this for my dozer oil changes where I need to handle 25 gals but it works good for the tractor too.

WasteOil7.JPG

WasteOil6.JPG

WasteOil5.JPG

WasteOil8.JPG

gg