Mahindra 750 XTV

/ Mahindra 750 XTV #1  

jjbenson

Tractor
Kubota L3400 and Massey 65 Mark II Dieselmatic, Bobcat 863H, Yanmar B50 Excavator, CAT E70B excavator, Massey 245
Hey everyone,
My father purchased just last year, a 750 xtv crew cab. I知 not going to even start going into what I think of it on this thread, but perhaps I will a little later. The main issue right now is that FROM THE FACTORY, the machine doesn稚 charge the battery until 1800 rpms (this info is confirmed straight from the mahindra dealer) So if you are puttering around looking a cattle, hauling corn, Or anything else that doesn稚 require high rpms, the battery drains. This currently battery is 16 months old, and tests great. But after a day of driving and splitting wood, she just dies. So the big question is, are you better off adding a second battery, or is there a way to fix/upgrade the charging system? I should also note Mahindra doesn’t have a fix or a solution!

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

/ Mahindra 750 XTV
Also, I don’t know where these special crazy looking letters and characters are coming from, hopefully everyone can still read the post. The post looks just fine on my iPad before I submit it!

/ Mahindra 750 XTV
We dropped the utv off today at the dealership. Mahindra/intimidator have no fix for the issue, and the dealer is telling us to turn the machine off whenever we stop. So a farming equipment manufacturer thinks that a charging system that only charges a battery at full rpm is sufficient. I don稚 know anyone who drives up to a gate, shuts the machine off, opens the gate, starts the machine and drives through the gate, shuts the machine off, closes gate and starts the machine again. This just seems insane to me. I don稚 understand have mahindra finds this acceptable.

/ Mahindra 750 XTV #5  
Kohler makes the engine....THEY are the ones that need to be contacted...you'll just be dealing with "middlemen" until you get to them....usually the starter is also the alternator on Kohler engines (I've got a 20hp V-twin on a garden tractor that I've had for 15 years..all I do is change the oil once in a while, and 1 battery change...)...start there and see if they have a solution. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 750 XTV #6  
I think that dealer is blowing sunshine up your 6 :eek: The battery should not drain at idle. I know of a few of those units in our area and there have been no complaints about your issue. Has the dealer checked the AMP output? Is the DSM involved ? I believe Troy Hayes is the DSM for your area. Is you dealer a 'Red Carpet" dealer ? It makes a difference !

/ Mahindra 750 XTV #7  
Kohler EFI 750 engine ? These and many others including Briggs, Kawasaki, etc. have an integrated alternator (behind the fan) in the engine. Alternator as is puts out AC and then goes to a combo external rectifier/regulator mounted on the engine. There is a high probability of the regulator being bad. It should charge at 13.8VDC at idle. It takes all of 5 minutes to replace and they are cheap. You can also pay triple if buying a genuine Kohler part makes you feel better. Regulator Rectifier : Kohler Engines and Parts Store, OPEengines.com Either the regulator is bad or the internal stator has a problem, (magnet fell off etc.). Magnets are glued in place. That is unlikely for a relatively new unit but still solvable. Either way, 2 minutes with a digital voltmeter should verify the problem before buying parts.