Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #1  

Dave1953

Silver Member
Tractor
5000 Ford, 2019 New Holland Boomer 55 Cab, 935GBH BH
My Boomer 55 was supposed to have dual remotes on it when it arrived from the factory 2 weeks ago but it only had one. The dealer wants 1200.00 to put the 2nd one on. I have the parts manual for it and it has a diagram listing all the parts for a remote but I don't see anything about a kit with all the parts. Is there a complete kit that I can order with all the parts?

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #2  
The complete dual valve kit is MT20140706 or MT20144437, depending on if you want spring return or detent, and lists for $710.

So $1200 sounds about right with labor.

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55
The complete dual valve kit is MT20140706 or MT20144437, depending on if you want spring return or detent, and lists for $710.

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I was looking for.

When you say "dual valve kit" are you referring to 1 set of remotes or 2 sets ? My dealer quoted 1200.00 for 1 set of remotes.

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #5  
Dual would be two sets of rear remotes.

Our tractor uses a mono valve block that either has one valve or two. With one valve you have one set of remotes and a dual valve will have two sets of remotes.

One thing to check is what valve is on your tractor. You could have a mono valve or the dual valve without the second set of lines. I saw that setup on a Case which I couldn't figure out why they did that but all that one would have needed was the actual lines for the rear.

Now if you're looking to upgrade the remote valve block I would suggest contacting the nearest LS dealership and price the three valve block which will give you three sets of remotes. I know I seen that setup on a XR41XX around here, which is the same as your tractor. New Holland does not offer that kit that I know of. BUT if you get the part number from LS you could check it with your New Holland dealership to see if it comes up in their system as it would be the same part number.

Last edited:
As you know my 55 came with one set of remotes so I would not need the 3 remote kit from LS but if I can get the dual remote kit from NH for 714.00 that would give me 3 sets. Is this not correct?

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #7  
No you would not have three sets with the NH kit. Only two as it would replace your existing valve.

You should be able to see the difference between your single valve and the dual valve in your parts manual. Should be in the hydraulic section.

Last edited:
   / Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #8  
No you would not have three sets with the NH kit. Only two as it would replace your existing valve.

You should be able to see the difference between your single valve and the dual valve in your parts manual. Should be in the hydraulic section.

If his new valve came with power beyond, could he not put in the single valve he has now and get the 3rd set of remotes?
I realize that he would have to have purchase/have several hose/lines made up as well as figure out where to mount these.

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #9  
If his new valve came with power beyond, could he not put in the single valve he has now and get the 3rd set of remotes?
I realize that he would have to have purchase/have several hose/lines made up as well as figure out where to mount these.
Probably but the mounting to get the lever to line up may present some issues along with making several hoses for the remotes, tank line, etc. If these were stackable valves it would be really easy.

LS makes a 3 valve block and if I were upgrading from a single valve I'd opt for the 3 valve kit over the dual.

/ Needing info on purchasing 2nd rear remote kit for Boomer 55 #10  
When you say "dual valve kit" are you referring to 1 set of remotes or 2 sets ? My dealer quoted 1200.00 for 1 set of remotes.

Did he mean only 1 set of 2 remotes or 1 additional set to the set already there?