Herb46

/ Herb46 #1  

Herb46

Tractor
Kobua MX 5200
This is my first time on this site and like some others I was looking for some particular parts and found this site. I have not done much when comes to farming or gardening since my forties and I was hoping to get back into now, even though I have been retired for a number of years. I hooked up an old Dearborn disc plow (we called it a tiller) and after doing some tilling, the blades (discs) were all beat up and in need of replacing. It is a two 22 inch disc plow, model number 10-246 and the serial number is 2487. It was purchased used back in the 1960s, so it is old and Dearborn is out of business.

I live in central South Carolina and would appreciate any help you may give me in finding replacement disc.

Thank you,

Herb

/ Herb46 #3  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ Herb46
Thank you!

/ Herb46 #6  
Welcome to TBN. I don't see those disc plows very often, mostly used for Rocky ground that would be difficult with e moldboard. You must have a lot of rock to damage it quickly.
There is one on Craigslist currently for $300, I only paid $100 for my moldboard plow some 30 or so years ago.
Would replacement discs for a disc harrow fit?

/ Herb46
Welcome to TBN. I don't see those disc plows very often, mostly used for Rocky ground that would be difficult with e moldboard. You must have a lot of rock to damage it quickly.
There is one on Craigslist currently for $300, I only paid $100 for my moldboard plow some 30 or so years ago.
Would replacement discs for a disc harrow fit?

Thank you Shovelmike for the welcome. I am not sure about the disc harrow. I am looking at all options and with a friend's help, we may just have to modify one. What we did, since I was a teenager, we let the plow set out in the weather and yes, I do have a lot of rocks.

Thank you,

Herb

/ Herb46
No, you are not too far from me. I live off highway 321 just before you get into Fairfield County and thanks for the welcome. I traded my Massey in for a Kubota about five years ago. I got a better deal on a from Kubota that I did at the Massey dealer close to me. The Massey was a good tractor.

Herb

/ Herb46 #10  
Welcome to the forum!

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread over to our attachments section.