Kubota M62 Size Question

/ Kubota M62 Size Question #1  

dmantt99

Tractor
Kubota M62
I am currently finalizing my M62 order. I plan to build a small structure to store it in (the building will also serve as a power distribution point for my farm).

Could any current M62 owners comment on the minimum size building required to fit the tractor? The specs say that the overall length is, at a minimum, around 21', but I assume that is with the hoe all the way up. My ceiling will be limited to 10', meaning that the overall length will likely be somewhat longer if the hoe is dropped to clear the ceiling.

I am hoping that a 16x24x10 building will suffice, but I need to be certain. Unfortunately, none of the dealers near me have an M62 on hand that I can measure.

Also, the building will have a roll-up garage door on one end, likely 12' wide. Can anyone advise as to the minimum height needed for clearance? Thanks

/ Kubota M62 Size Question #2  
The tractor is narrow but height will be an issue.

I have my 16 foot roll up door set to open to 125 inches. It looks pretty close to the backhoe when its up in the locked position so you might be squeeking your M62 in with only 10 foot ceilings. Sorry I don't know how much taller the M62 with the longer hoe is, check the published specs for dimensions.

My manual says the BT1200 backhoe transport height is 123.9 inches and the ROPS is 103 inches.

/ Kubota M62 Size Question #3  
My full size 310 takes a 10’ door to fit with the boom lowered. The 310 would take a 27’ building to fit and even then you couldn’t walk around it. Sorry I can’t help with m62 measurements.

/ Kubota M62 Size Question #4  
I am hoping that a 16x24x10 building will suffice

Most buildings are measured by the sidewall height. A 10' tall building will likely only allow an 8' door.

I would never build a low shop. Mine has a 14' sidewall and 12' door and I kick myself for not making it taller. Adding height doesn't add that much cost.