1st regen experience

/ 1st regen experience #1  

searcyfarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmall 560D - 706D German w/Cab - Volvo MC110 - 1944JD A - Deere 2038R - IH 5088
2018 Deere 2038R
50 hours

Mowing yard with 72" MMM

Noticed funny smell, hot/burning - if you have been around equipment you know the smell of HOT no matter what it is

Check gauges and all I see was white light with spray nozzle looking emblem. No words on info screen.

All seems normal, no extra smoke noticed or loss of power.

Kept mowing, noticed temp gauge climb - went from normal 1/3 running range in green portion to 2/3s in green portion on way to red area 9

Basically doubled in heat according to the gauge.

Went into info display, Filter at 100% soot level at 99%
Ran another 5 to 10 mins checked and still hotter on gauge, noticed my legs getting warmer and more heat coming off tractor between my legs, i was wearing shorts so very noticeable.

It ran for another 20 mins and over that time the Filter stayed at 100% and the soot level went down to 60 - 40 etc.....%

Regen light was still on, when I finished mowing after about a half hour. Drove to shop and idled it down and it would not go below 1500 rpm - shut it off, started it back up and it said increase engine speed........ran it up to 1800 rpm and let it sit with parking brake on, after about 5 to 10 more mins regen light went out.

Info center says filter 0% soot level 0%

I let it idle for about another 5 mins till temp range got back down to where it normally is. Pulled into shop and shut it off.

Interesting experience - the alarming smell of hot was good to experience so i dont panic next time, i have had a skid steer catch fire and had to escape it and watch it burn up, i am a little jumpy still from that ;-)

/ 1st regen experience #2  
I had my 1st regen on Saturday in the Kubota Grand L3560HSTC.

I was busy working with the tractor, regen light came on, also the light showing increase RPMs. Increased the RPMs and continued to work. Switched over to the regen screen and it was showing that the regeneration process was going.

The process lasted just under 10 minutes. No issues, no smells, nothing exciting. I had 38 hours on the tractor when the process kicked in and was able to just keep right on working.

/ 1st regen experience #3  
2019 Kubota 7069HD12. First regen at 27 hours, second one today at 54 hours.

/ 1st regen experience #4  
7060HD12

/ 1st regen experience #5  
The first one on my LS was at 51 hours. It got "hung up" and would not complete. Dealer came in at 9:30 PM (that is a heck of dealer in my books) and took his computer out and it showed system was at 92%, so not quite ready yet. He "forced" a regen and it smoked a lot as the particulate burned off. It got warm too.

He said to just let the machine do its thing next time and wait.,,but to call him again if I needed help. Love a good dealer!

/ 1st regen experience
interesting, i didnt notice any major smoke but sure smelled and noticed the temp change - also took longer than i had anticipated