Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine

/ Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine #1  

bcompton1

Tractor
Ford 1910
My tractor started missing like it might be low on fuel so I stopped and filled it up. When I tried to restart it I got a few puffs of smoke out the stack (normal) then nothing. I changed the fuel filter and disconnected one of the fuel lines into the cylinder and cranked it to see if fuel was getting to the engine - it wasn't.

Any other troubleshooting tips before I invest in a new fuel pump?

Last edited:
   / Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine #2  
You probably need to bleed the fuel system. If you ran it really low on fuel you might have drawn some air into the fuel lines and the pump.

/ Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine
Thanks - sorry to have to ask, but is there a simple guide for bleeding the fuel system?

/ Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine #4  
Does your tractor have this dual filter setup? If so loosen the bleed screws(parts key #3) until any air has escaped.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 349
   / Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine #5  
If you do bleed the fuel system be careful not to lose any copper washers that are under some bolts. I had a 1900, which is likely the same and I almost lost one. Before you get too complicated, make sure the fuel shutoff is open if you have one. Mine was at the bottom of the tank underneath. Also, make sure fuel is flowing from the tank.

Best info on bleeding the fuel system is in the owner's manual. I can't remember.

I might still have a 1910 parts manual in new condition that I would sell. PM if interested and I'll look.

/ Ford 1910 - no fuel to engine #6  
You need a book for your particular tractor but I will give you the basics.
1. fuel cock on, 2. there should be a vent on the filter to purge the air, 3. there will be a vent on the injector pump to purge the air, 4. once you have fuel to the injector pump with no air bubbles, loosen the lines at the injector and spin the engine until fuel leaks, 5. tighten the lines at the injector and start the engine.