Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue

/ Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue #1  

Chris Sargent

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7532
We have owned this tractor since new about 2005. about 700 hours now and it has been a headache since day 1. My current problem is when the ignition key is turned, it is hit or miss if the ignition controller will turn on. (dash lights, fuel pump, etc. I have to on/off, on/off, on the key or bump the engine to get it to come on. Then once the tractor starts, it will sometimes die while in service. I replaced the ignition switch and tried to trace the wires to ensure there are no loose ends. I have read on some posts that the safety switches tend to draw down the voltage and produce this type of behavior. It was posted that a Relay can resolve this issue. Would anyone be kind enough to elaborate on this.. I am aware of relay function, installation etc... But I need specifics on circuit intervention and part/s..

Thanks in advance!
Chris:pullinghair:

/ Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue #2  
The link below will describe how to install a relay to deal with safety switch issues which are preventing the engine from starting, i.e. the starter from engaging.
Each of the safety switches are in series, like the old old X-mas tree lights when one bulb goes out they all are out. Over time the switches develop a bit of resistance to electrical flow and since they are all in series they drop the voltage to the point that the starter solenoid will not engage properly.
The relay does not take much power to operate and supply the starter solenoid with a solid 12 volts.
Dying while in service is not going to be solved by this relay installation. The seat operator presence switch can often be the cause of this.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/234-a...18-starter-assist-relay-assembly-install.html

Dave M7040

/ Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue
Thank You Dave. It does seem like a faulty safety switch symptom.. I will have to do some more testing with a volt meter to see if I can pin point the problem. Is there a way to bypass the safety features electronically? Not permanently! just to troubleshoot this as the culprit.. Once I could determine that it is, I could then start sorting through the switches. Sucks working 60hrs a week, then spending time off fixing something so tedious.. :hissyfit:

/ Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue #4  
If you run a wire from the start terminal on the key switch directly to the engage terminal on the new relay the starter should fire up without any safety features. You could even omit the new relay and just connect to the small terminal on the solenoid. You now have an unsafe machine doing this so be very careful.

On many tractors the manufacturers are starting to combine many safety features into one controller which makes simple bypassing much more difficult.
As an example of simpler systems likely there is a switch on the clutch or brake pedal to not allow the tractor to take off once it starts. Look along the pedal and linkage for a switch which will have two wires on it. To bypass this type of switch you just connect the two wires together.
Dave M 7040

/ Cub Cadet 7532 Ignition starting issue
I would like to thank those who replied to my post. This was a difficult issue for me to trace, but I problem was a faulty Relay.. Cub Cadet Part Cub Cadet MA-19572918000 located behind the dash board. I ordered it from partstree.com for $95.00. (I have no affiliation with them, but they have been great to me) This may be an isolated issue, but my symptoms were when I turn the ignition on, the dash panel indicator lights would not come on. No fuel pump noise, etc. If I on/off/on/off/on I would get it to come on. my fist inclination was a faulty switch. I could still bump the engine but it would not run due to lack of fuel.. I hope this helps someone else who may own a Cub Cadet 7532 tractor (Mitsubishi) The engine runs great! Hydros worke great! Front frame sucks due to notch for power stearing hydraulics. Mine fractured due to end loader stress.

0909151319.jpgCapture.PNG