Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring

/ Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
ATTACH=CONFIG]448873[/ATTACH] PLEASE THUMBNAIL BELOW
I am Totally rewiring my 63 Farmall Cub and am Puzzled by one aspect of the Scematic which goes to the Coil / Ignition switch. It shows the wire from the switch going to the L Terminal on the Regulator and to the Distributor. My Question is, does this mean there is constant Juice coming from the Regulator L Terminal ? I ask because Obviously the Coil Needs Juice to work and so I thought it would be connected Directly to the Battery through the switch somehow?? Where am I going wrong here guys?? Can someone please explain. I did NOT know that the L Terminal had Constant Juice?
thanks for any help you can give me on understanding this , DanO'
This is a Video of the Mess I'm Dealing With :

Attachments

• cub wiring  late.jpg
    cub wiring late.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 22,559
Last edited:
   / Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring #2  
I didn't watch the video, but yes, the L terminal is always hot.

/ Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring
Thanks DJ, that's what I needed to hear... Appreciate the Help. DanO'

Need Help with one more Wiring Puzzle tp solve THE LIGHTS... All the Scematics I've looked at show 1 wire from the switch to each of the front lights and 1 to the rear lights... I have 2 wire each coming out of my sealed beam headlights and 3 wire coming out of the Rear Sealed Beam... No PUN intended but can anypne shine some light on this ? Why 2 Wires Each on Front and 3 Wires to Rear??? Makes no sence at all to me. Thanks, DanO'

/ Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring #5  
Are they grounds? Check w jumper wires. Is there a flasher for the rear (doubt that)? Pretty basic wiring on my old A.
Jim

Thanks for the advice Jimmy... My 53 Super A was Very Simple too. Seems this 63 Cub has a kinda strange wiring set up, the Front Lights Housung is NOT the Ground... 1 Wire Each HOT, 1 Wire Shared to Ground and the Rear Light is a Rear & Work Light combo, Plus a Ground Wire. .. Why??? Who Knows.. Guess Somebody had " a Better Idea"I Anyway, I finally found this wiring Diagram on an old archive Forum from another site, so figured I'd post it here for Future Reference Help. Lightdiagram.gif

/ Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring #7  
Some models did have Fast Hitch at that time. So maybe the rear work light alone to help hooking those attachments up, and maybe for when backing into a dark shed at night to park, etc. Even backing into a dark building on a bright sunny day can make things difficult to park, or get hooked up to something.

/ Need Help With Farmall Cub Wiring #8  
Yes the headlights each have two wires only. A hot and a ground. The rear lights have two hot wires each and a ground.