How to choose a correct pto clutch

/ How to choose a correct pto clutch #1  

Benedict Simborio

Tractor
John Deere GX335
I had to replace the john deere 757 pto clutch on my ZTrak 757 .
The price of OEM replacement was over $600 while an aftermarket pto clucth replacement from Hexautoparts was less than $200.
I don't want to spend much money so bought the non OEM part last summer.It was identical, and I mean in every detail,except for the JD logo embossed on the back.Even the part number stamped on the back was identical except that the part number from the old one ended in a JD.My John Deere is nice and quite again.
All in all,saved me a couple hundred dollars and my yard is clean again.Now,I知 still looking forward to spring.
Then I recomment to my friend.He also bought a pto clutch online.But he told me it didn't fit at all.The the shaft size is totally different,so he couldn't install it and had to send it back.
So how to choose a correct pto clutch? I think the OEM part number is very important as well as the szies like crankshaft.
What do you think of it?
Thank you for your sharing.

/ How to choose a correct pto clutch #2  
The most reliable way is to locate the tag number on the clutch itself. Usually the OEM part number works as well. If he has concern on what is proper part number that either crosses too, contact the distributor of the aftermarket clutch that you seek. Clutch manufacturers also have charts an d spec sheets that detail size, rotation etc. If break in instructions don't come with the clutch ask or follow at least a basic burnishing procedure.

/ How to choose a correct pto clutch #3  
About the cost thing ....This is why I buy "generic" blades for my JD riding mower... Oregon brand $7.00 each on ebay, JD brand $25.00.... Oregon brand actually last longer....

Dale