Cabela's Tractors

/ Cabela's Tractors #71  
TYM tractor dealers will work on Cabelas tractors, they WILL expect YOU to pay for the repairs though.

SR

Thank you! The local TYM Dealers have steered away from helping me repair my tractor. THe local John Deere dealer has taken on the task, though without a wiring diagram, have struggled to nail down the root cause of the issue.

BLUF: The "fuel shut off solenoid" stays electrically charged (hot) once started, unable to turn-off with key switch, burning up wires.

/ Cabela's Tractors #72  
UPDATE: Tractor was picked up and Cabelas payed the labor of $1,600. I am still waiting on the payment from corporate for $4,000.00! The dealer I took it to now no longer works on TYM/Cabelas tractors. Here we go again finding a good service dealer. It truly is an orphaned tractor!

So still waiting on their Corporate office to pay for the repairs. the service manager Scott Burnett is no longer there. I found this out when I called to check on the reimbursement. I am kicking myself for buying this tractor. Scott told the GM that I had been taken care of. Cabelas customer service really sucks. On another note, I am really thinking about selling it since I am concerned about repairs down the road.

/ Cabela's Tractors #73  
You are correct regarding the TYM dealers not wanting to help. I have struggled with even finding a dealer to just do normal service. The wiring diagrams are the same as the TYM and can be found online. You would need to cross reference the tractor by size and year to the TYM branded tractors. The parts have the same numbers stamped as the TYM because it is a TYM tractor painted green with a leather Cabelas seat. The big problem is TYM dealers don't want to sell you parts and TYM USA will not either. they are protecting their dealers, however their dealeis wont wok on the tractors.

There is a new dealer in Clayton. It is Hudson Hardware. I am curious to see how long they remain a dealer. Every time I find one they end up dropping the line for some reason. Maybe TYM just plain sucks.........What that old saying.... "You get what you pay for". I sure did!lol

/ Cabela's Tractors
If you have the part # call Smith Enterprises in Rebel City. Tony is the part's guy. Tell him you have a TYM tractor and need the part. Parts are shipped from TYM in Tarboro, NC

Also the guy over on the Rural King thread said that Rural King would sell parts also. Rural King tractors are made by TYM.

/ Cabela's Tractors #75  
If you have the part # call Smith Enterprises in Rebel City. Tony is the part's guy. Tell him you have a TYM tractor and need the part. Parts are shipped from TYM in Tarboro, NC

Also the guy over on the Rural King thread said that Rural King would sell parts also. Rural King tractors are made by TYM.

Hey Bud Soda, If he said Cabelas would it make a difference? Where are you getting service? I should have bought mine from Smith.

/ Cabela's Tractors
Hey Bud Soda, If he said Cabelas would it make a difference? Where are you getting service? I should have bought mine from Smith.

When I told Billy Smith that i bought a Cabelas Tractor he got mad and said he would not sell me parts. I said "wait a minuet Billy, I have bought other things from you, Like a 10 foot LMC box blade last year". He then said Ok call if you need anything. I have not ordered the display for my tractor yet but as I was waiting to see what Cabelas would do. Hoping someone would start a class action. Hen I call to order the part I am just going to tell Tony I need a part for a TYM454.

/ Cabela's Tractors #77  
Yep, I've got a local mahindra dealer that their main office in MO sells TYM also. I've been able to get local to get TYM parts for mine if I give them TYM number. You've a TYM as far as you are concerned without warranty. Just use tym number.

/ Cabela's Tractors #78  
My TYM dealer works on Cabelas tractors, no problem at all. Just be willing to pay him for the work...

SR

/ Cabela's Tractors #79  
I think TYM dealers have good reasons not be happy campers regarding the whole Cabelas tractor issue.

1. Imagine how they perceive someone with a Cabelas tractor. That "customer" is constantly upset with Cabelas and their tractor. .Now imagine a TYM dealer having to confront that "Cabelas" customer and the customer expecting the tym dealer to be understanding. The dealer can know their frustration, but "understanding" is something else because those Cabelas customers "feel betrayed by Cabelas" as well as having tractor issues.

2. Meanwhile TYM the company has no legal requirements or obligations. . . and they also feel betrayed by whoever "Cabelas is owned by today". They made a deal with the original owners and those original owners of Cabelas aren't in charge even though they were/are good people.

3. Bass Pro wants nothing to do with the tym tractor scenario and wants to avoid it with a passion. The warranty issues can't get done soon enough for them.

4. Original Cabela's ownership. . . good people who made NO money on the Tractors because they discounted to get rid of them. . . and sunk big money into training and setting up service departments just in time for people to start leaving them and the problems to begin. The original Cabela's would see the tractor as a constant "money pit" of losses and liabilities.

5. Cabelas employees and management still working in the stores. Imagine how helpless they feel because customers of the tractors are upset. . and the employees are caught between 2 ownership groups (BassPro and Cabelas).

6. Everyone of the 5 listed above feel powerless and caught the middle.

7. Now who is to blame:
A. blame the Cabelas lawyers who helped create the TYM purchase agreement and allowed language that committed Cabela's to maintain all parts responsibility and also allowed BassPro's purchase agreement to exonerate BassPro.

B. Blame all the service techs that jumped ship right after the Cabela's buyout announcement. Literally they in many cases had just come back from tractor training and service centers just completing being setup. Had they stayed at least another year . . . Things would have transitioned much better as the Cabela's ownership had planned.

C. Blame tym corporate for telling their dealers that it's "Cabela's problem " and not understanding how they could have made things much simpler . . . but they were busy dealing with the Jacobson acquisition instead.

D. Blame the numbers. Had there been 2 or 3 times more Cabela's Tractors sold before the discontinuation announcement. . . everything would have been much easier. Why? Because neither TYM nor Cabelas made any profit on the deal. . . especially not Cabelas. And with small numbers no 3rd party options developed and tym had promised their dealers from the start that they would not have to ever be involved unless they wanted to.

/ Cabela's Tractors #80  
As standard practice today: The blame game. I totally disagree with comment #79.

Put the blame everywhere but where it belongs: on CABELA'S MANAGEMENT and THEIR VERY POOR DECISION to start selling tractors, which didn't turn out to be profitable. :confused3: