Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator
That is pretty neat, but what if you're digging a trench? Wouldn't the trailer always be where the digging is suppose to happen?

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #22  
That is pretty neat, but what if you're digging a trench? Wouldn't the trailer always be where the digging is suppose to happen?

You’d have to dig off the other end. That idea hasn’t worked as well as I’d hoped. I usually drop the trailer and drive beside it to load it.

You’d have to dig off the other end. That idea hasn’t worked as well as I’d hoped. I usually drop the trailer and drive beside it to load it.
It's a neat idea!! I don't think I'll mind switching between machines ... even if I had someone else to drive the BX, I'd still have to sit idling until they got back with the empty trailer.

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #24  
I bought a kx040-4 a few months ago. I sat on the 33. It’s a little smaller from what I remember. The thumb is great, my first after having many digging machines through the years. I do wish the thumb was wider for small debris pickup. The heater will absolutely run you out of the machine. I have not got to use the ac yet but I’m hoping its as good as the heat. I did upgrade my air filtration because the factory set up is crap. And recently made some spacers to widen the foot pedals. Other than that I cant find anything bad about it. I do know the new 5 series are coming out with a refreshed interior. Oh,I have the angle blade.
I also have a KX040-4 with 6way. Bought it a couple of years ago. I also wish the thumb was wider, I hope someone comes up with a retro fit. I use mine often moving brush and a full width or even one twice as wide would make a huge difference. I am quite happy with the power of this although I do wish I had a few more feet of reach, but anyone on an excavator will always wish for that.

To the OP, congrats on your decision to go 040. You won't regret it.

I also have a KX040-4 with 6way. Bought it a couple of years ago. I also wish the thumb was wider, I hope someone comes up with a retro fit. I use mine often moving brush and a full width or even one twice as wide would make a huge difference. I am quite happy with the power of this although I do wish I had a few more feet of reach, but anyone on an excavator will always wish for that.

To the OP, congrats on your decision to go 040. You won't regret it.
Thanks! I'm told the 040 will arrive to the dealership sometime during the last week of April. Can't wait!! Of course there will be a YouTube video :)

- James