Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I have hauled tons of tractors and always find a way to secure them but I have often wondered why they don’t have purpose built anchor points. Virtually every other piece of equipment I have hauled such as mini excavator, skid steers, backhoes, etc all have anchor points. Why not tractors?

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #2  
I suspect most tractors aren't hauled but once or twice in their lifetime.

My BX was hauled for delivery 10 years ago and not since then.

Bruce

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?
Maybe you have a point but still they would be so cheap to add during the manufacturing process and virtually every tractor gets hauled at least once. Some people move them around a lot, others take them in for service, etc.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #5  
I've been trying to figure out the same thing!
We are 45 minutes away from our 5 acres. So I have to haul the tractor up and back from there each time we go. If I left it there I'm afraid it would be gone or stripped when we come back. (sad times we live in ☹️).
I'm still trying to figure out a quick way to tie it down.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #6  
Commercial construction equipment are rarely permanent fixtures at one location and are much heavier which requires stout attachment points whereas on the other end of the spectrum, personal tractors usually stay put in one location.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #7  
Can’t answer your question as to why tractors don’t have dedicated tie down points, but axle straps hooked to chain binders or 10,000lb ratchet straps work good.

Lodi Metals is your friend for all things tie-down related.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #8  
Every tractor should have a rear drawbar, so buy a clevis and that is one good point that will be consistent. Front is definitely a mix of options and varies based on tractor make, whether you have a front loader, etc. If you can get a bite on the front of the frame, that works well. With front loaders, many people will slide a chain through one of the cross-tubes. Just too much variability to make anything standard on the front.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #9  
#1 it adds to the cost
#2 manufacturer doesn't need them

20150617_110548.jpg

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?
So do things like cup holders. I just think it would be so cheap to add and would be insignificant in the overall cost of something as expensive as a tractor. Maybe yes just use the drawbar on the back but a couple of points on the front would be so easy to incorporate.