need help with deere 1600 wide area mower

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #1  

jdhicrop

Tractor
deere 1600
I have two major issues with my deere 1600 seris 2 wide area mower that I'd like to resolve. The first is that after the machine is run for more that 30 minutes, the wing decks will not raise. If I let the machine sit with the engine off for about 3 hours and let everything cool, then the decks will raise if it throtlel up the engine to full speed.
Second problem is that the wing mowers on their own, decide to shut off, usually after mowing for about an hour. Sometimes if you try to left the deck up a little and then put it back down it will engage, this especially happens with the right deck.
Appears I'm having some problem with the hydraulic flow especially after the machine gets warm, Any suggestions? Thnaks

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #2  
Sounds like an issue with your hydraulics, and oil filter may be the answer, or the hydraulic oil cooler is plugged up and needs a cleaning.

Any info as to what condition they are at the moment?

Welcome to TBN

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #3  
I'm experiencing the same with my 2007 WAM with 450 hours. Took into have it tuned up for spring and check the hydraulics because same thing was happening after mowing. Need to increase engine RPM to raise decks. They shop contacted me on Thursday to tell me they checked the pump. No issues with flow out of pump. They also noted the spindle speeds to decrease after a few minutes of running the mowers.

Any suggestions?

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #4  
Kind of hints toward a heat related sticky pressure check valves. The relief valves are sticking open due to heat expansion.

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #5  
Thanks. I'll pass this on to the mechanic.

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #6  
Sounds like an issue with your hydraulics, and oil filter may be the answer, or the hydraulic oil cooler is plugged up and needs a cleaning.

Any info as to what condition they are at the moment?

Welcome to TBN
How would I go about checking the hydraulic oil cooler? I suspect I may be having the same issue with my 2001 1600 WAM. After 30-45 minutes, the mower will appear to struggle and I have to turn off the blades. I suspected that maybe the hydraulic oil was heating up. I clean my radiator after every 2 cuts, so it shouldn't be that. Hydraulic fluid level is good. I do notice that sometimes my temp gauge sticks at 160. Sometimes when I go out and it's cold it's stuck at 160, but when I start it, the gauge dips down to 140 or so.
Any other suggestions welcome too. My dealer is backed up for too many weeks to mention.

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #7  
Welcome to TBN.

Question, how do you clean the radiator?

Does it sit adjacent to the oil cooler?

Do you have the service tech manual?

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #8  
How would I go about checking the hydraulic oil cooler? I suspect I may be having the same issue with my 2001 1600 WAM. After 30-45 minutes, the mower will appear to struggle and I have to turn off the blades. I suspected that maybe the hydraulic oil was heating up. I clean my radiator after every 2 cuts, so it shouldn't be that. Hydraulic fluid level is good. I do notice that sometimes my temp gauge sticks at 160. Sometimes when I go out and it's cold it's stuck at 160, but when I start it, the gauge dips down to 140 or so.
Any other suggestions welcome too. My dealer is backed up for too many weeks to mention.
Hi,

Having similar issue. Anyone able to help?

Is there specific hydraulic oil that should be used in the machine. How often does hydraulic filter need to be changed ?

Thanks

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #9  
1691500986153.png

/ need help with deere 1600 wide area mower #10  
I have a homemade mower for mowing irrigation ditches. It runs a lot better after getting warm with synthetic hydraulic oil vs dino hydraulic oil.

How hot does the oil get? 130F is about as hot as you can hold a hydraulic line with bare hands.