Loader Will a TC40 lift s round bale ?

/ Will a TC40 lift s round bale ? #21  
FYI:

round-bale weight.jpg

/ Will a TC40 lift s round bale ?
I agree with RickB and showcattle. Your 40hp TC40 will handle a 5x6 round as long as it's 'close up' to the pins of your FEL... extended out beyond the bucket (remembering the weight of the bucket is added to the weight of the 'round' is just asking for trouble. AND that's not taking into consideration the condition of the round of hay.

Seeing as you've got some sort of quick connect on your FEL, I'd recommend something like I have; a 2-in-1 fork/spear attachment where you can swap between either forks or hay-spear.

That’s a slick set up . I also want some pallet forks so this might be the way to go .

/ Will a TC40 lift s round bale ? #23  
Just because the loader will lift it doesn't mean the tractor can handle it- Helped my neighbor move skids of cement blocks across their smooth, flat yard. My Kubota 4330 loader wouldn't lift a full pallet so we offloaded a few blocks at a time until the loader could. So they were right on the maximum capacity of the loader. Moving them across that ideal surface was SQUIRRELLY though. You could feel it on gentle turns and than "pendulum" feeling on gentle bumps. (Had a 6 ft rotary cutter in back but not loaded tires)

Also, somewhere I've seen maximum front axle loads in an owners' manual.

/ Will a TC40 lift s round bale ? #24  
Boomer 40 cab loaded rear tires handles 5x5 dry bales up to two high on trailer with heavy back blade on or another bale on 3 point. Would not suggest for 5x6 if you want to lift any height or turn. 4x5 is way less stressful for second row stacking in my experience with that size tractor.

/ Will a TC40 lift s round bale ? #25  
4' x 5' bales that I have been dealing with, moisture makes a big difference & my "bar" is lifting it over my round bale hay feeder. Some of these heavier ones I have to give it the 'momentum' UMPH back and forth while the hydraulics are lifting to get the loader arms up that high...

BTW... I'm using an adapter plate Skid Steer to JD which adds weight and some mechanical disadvantage & it's a very heavy duty bale grabber meant for much larger tractors so the overall poundage & mechanics is working against me. Thus said - Yes, one can, if properly ballasted in the wheels & w/ a heavy 3pt. hitch attachments, - use this tractor for round hay bales, imho... (with extreme care)

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20210209_141754008_PORTRAIT.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210209_141754008_PORTRAIT.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 93
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210218_172550724.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210218_172550724.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 94