Happy new X350 owner, couple questions

/ Happy new X350 owner, couple questions #1  

jeremytl

This is my first REAL Deere. I owned an LA 110 from Lowes for 14 years and it finally gave up the ghost. So I'm very happy with my new X350, very impressive machine. Very smooth Kawasaki engine. My questions..
  • Would I damage the transmission or engine by pulling my boat very short distances? When I say short distances, I mean from the carport to the end of the driveway, less than 50 feet. I was told by the dealer it was rated to pull 500 pounds. My boat is nearly 2,000 pounds with a full fuel tank and gear. But I'm talking short distances on level ground, just to get it to the truck to hook the trailer up. It is very tight quarters getting the truck back there, which is why I'm wanting to use the X350.
  • I'd like to get a utility cart for hauling firewood, gravel, etc. I see the polymer (plastic) carts, just wondering how they really hold up. I can imagine a chunk of firewood cracking the bed, especially after a couple winters making the polymer brittle.
  • The $1,000 front shovel attachment. How effective would this be spreading a dump truck load of gravel around my driveway? Worth the investment?
Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Happy new X350 owner, couple questions #2  
This is my first REAL Deere. I owned an LA 110 from Lowes for 14 years and it finally gave up the ghost. So I'm very happy with my new X350, very impressive machine. Very smooth Kawasaki engine. My questions..
  • Would I damage the transmission or engine by pulling my boat very short distances? When I say short distances, I mean from the carport to the end of the driveway, less than 50 feet. I was told by the dealer it was rated to pull 500 pounds. My boat is nearly 2,000 pounds with a full fuel tank and gear. But I'm talking short distances on level ground, just to get it to the truck to hook the trailer up. It is very tight quarters getting the truck back there, which is why I'm wanting to use the X350.
  • I'd like to get a utility cart for hauling firewood, gravel, etc. I see the polymer (plastic) carts, just wondering how they really hold up. I can imagine a chunk of firewood cracking the bed, especially after a couple winters making the polymer brittle.
  • The $1,000 front shovel attachment. How effective would this be spreading a dump truck load of gravel around my driveway? Worth the investment?
Thanks in advance for your help!
The boat on a trailer with easy going, level ground, should be no problem. Less than a 500 lb pull.
Utility cart.. prolly could break it at some point, but not likely unless tossing with a hard throw.
The front shovel.. likely tranny not build for that front shovel attachment... but with no extra weight added or fluid in the tires, will lose traction long before any damage. Just my opinion, but also won't move much gravel around your driveway.

/ Happy new X350 owner, couple questions #3  
Congrats on the new unit! You will likely enjoy it.

Regarding your towing question, here's the Operator's Manual:

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.58.16 AM.png

The X350 is approx. 500 pounds. Add another 200 pounds for you and the mower deck. If it were my first real Deere, I would not tow anything over 700 pounds, especially during the warranty period. Why risk damaging or degrading the transmission performance on a tool that is not designed for towing heavy loads? Just my opinion... :)

/ Happy new X350 owner, couple questions #4  
I have had this Gorilla cart 6 years. I use it almost every day. From Wood hauling to planting support and pull behind.
It's been filled with gravel from my tractor bucket and Dirt from landscaping. Still in great shape.

planter1-20210313_130052.jpg