Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Changed fuel filter flushed line started and ran good after 15 to 20 minutes and lost power and slowed down and only run couple minutes
filter looked OK . pulled filter apart drained fuel and put back on. Started up run good for about 1/2 acer of cutting then started shutting down .

'm I wondering if got water in it Is there something good to add to fuel to get rid of suspected water and break up dirt or crud to MAYBE helping the injectors iif the problem?

Have good evening and you all BE SAFE...

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #2  
Is there a shut off valve before the filter to prevent gravity feed dumping fuel that you left partially closed?
Patrick

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty
Hi there Willys . Not sure about shut off valve. Don't believe if have one it wasn't moved.
2 weeks ago we used a tank of fuel in one day & all was good. So next run filled from plastic fuel can . My grandson filled it. Then he cut for about 15 minutes & it shut down. A glance at fuel filter totally black. Changed filter and started. Tractor Ran for a while and started shutting down then stopped. Filter looked ok ,but pulled apart and drained some fuel through filter. Then started fine but didn't last long. By the way there is not the original fuel filter on tractor. It's a smaller in line filter and has worked good for years.

My conclusion. Somehow the last fuel up had some kind of crap in it causing first shut down. I don't know if water would cause fuel to turn black. I'm using colored off road fuel. After filter change new one doesn't change colors, just shuts down. Cracking line draining filter and hooking back up and runs some. But still could have dirt.

I am going to drain the tank and get new fuel. Should I get some kind of additive in before I drain. Hoping to have best chance getting all crap out of tank. I really don't want to take fuel tank out and turn upside down?? Would be a big job compared to just draining.

Also wonder, 2 times got a puff of Blue smoke. Could that be water or some malfunction in engine? All ideas are welcomed.

All Have a good weekend and be safe. ....Coffeeman

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #4  
The black goo might be microbial growth. We used a product called Prist in jet fuel, which is similar to diesel. I'm sure there's an anti microbial for diesel, I just don't know it by name.
Patrick

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #5  
the black fuel sounds like contaminated black algae. Add a biocide to your tank

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #6  
Biocide might kill the algae or ****** its growth. But it won't help an existing clog.

If the filter is clean you need to check the flow from the tank to the filter. There is likely a glob of algae plugging the fuel pickup in the tank or the fuel line or filter housing.

If you have algae in the tank I recommend draining the fuel, dropping the tank and washing it out with soap and water and a lot of shaking. The algae is resitant to petrochemicals including carb cleaner but soapy water lifts it right off. I'm not sure how to clear out the fuel line.

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #7  
---------------------------------------------- I don't know if water would cause fuel to turn black. --------------------- All ideas are welcomed.

All Have a good weekend and be safe. ....Coffeeman
Did it look like this?: V417 Versahandler Quit Running. Look what came out of the primer.

P1230012.JPG

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty
My filter matched that picture, very black. We drained tank. Put in stuff for water and some kind of biocide for algae got from NAPA . Fired the Mahindra after put in 5 gal fuel and NAPA additives. Ran the whole day yesterday and nary a hiccup from my Mahindra.

Thank You all for replies. you all have nice day and BE SAFE.........Coffeeman.

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #9  
Vinegar or bleach will kill mold. Perhaps one of
these would work

When I was in the Navy jet fuel was called JP4 of which
is kerosene and in the winter time some people add one
gallon of kerosene to every 10 gallons of diesel fuel to
keep it from jelling.

I can remember when diesel fuel was 12 cents a gallon
and kerosene was 9 cents a gallon. Also a few years
ago seen that most companies made a profit of 6 to 8
percent but the oil companies made 54 percent that's
when the gas really jumped in price. The gov is just a
bunch of brainless idiots they give our taxpayer dollars
to countries that hate us and stupid spending like example: Japanese troop cost $50 thousand and a
jap guy had sex with a rabbit! Its too bad we can't get
people in gov that is really for the people!

willy

/ Mahindra 4110 lost power after topping fuel from can looked filter was black dirty #10