Anything better than wire nuts?

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #11  
In an ideal world, I try to solder stranded wire before trying to join stranded wire to solid wire. I have never found that stranded onto solid works well in a wire nut, even when I have left the stranded sticking out beyond the solid.

+1 on the wago connectors. Definitely do not use Chinese knockoffs; none of the ones I have seen are even UL listed, nor are they well made and a couple use combustible plastics.

All the best,

Peter

/ Anything better than wire nuts?
Looks like the Wago connectors less than $1 each if you get a package of 75 assorted ones. Seems like a deal to me. I broke a $39 light fixture earlier today.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #13  
   / Anything better than wire nuts? #14  

I used some of these about 50 some years ago and was very confident that the wires would never come loose. Had not seen any again until just recently.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #15  
In an ideal world, I try to solder stranded wire before trying to join stranded wire to solid wire. I have never found that stranded onto solid works well in a wire nut, even when I have left the stranded sticking out beyond the solid.

+1 on the wago connectors. Definitely do not use Chinese knockoffs; none of the ones I have seen are even UL listed, nor are they well made and a couple use combustible plastics.

All the best,

Peter
Ive used stranded to solid for years. Never have issues. But you have to use professional grade products.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #16  
My only problem with wago connectors are the few times they have opened up on me when shoved into a junction box.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #17  
I grabbed two different designs out of my stash that I liked in my working days and both under the magnifying glass said 3M. I bought some crimp connectors off bezos junk store and they were garbage.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #18  
I don't think I would trust those wago things. I know when you get a good wire nut tight it stays tight until you unscrew it. Not sure how the plastic in the wago connector will hold up over time.

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #19  
My skills at electrical work are a little lacking. I was replacing an outside double flood light today. I’ve never had good luck with wire nuts. I was trying to get the wire nuts to stay connected, get the wires stuffed back in the box, and get the fixture screwed back into the box while standing on a ladder. It didn’t happen when I dropped it and broke an insulator where one light bulb screws in. I definitely broke it when I threw it in a trash can as hard as I could..

I went and bought another fixture and asked the guy at the hardware store if there was anything better. He said there is a setup where the wires are inserted and it snaps shut on them but he says they don’t work that great. With the wife helping we got it installed but it still took three tries to get the wire nuts to stay. Is there a better way?
'Anything better than wire nuts'..... certainly....

Whole cashews......... (y)

/ Anything better than wire nuts? #20