Love At First Sight

/ Love At First Sight #61  
On MC's I've used the blue stick thread locker thats sold in several brands. I have the liquid too but like the staying aspect of the stick. I've lost two lug nuts on my tractors in last maybe 10 years-easy to ignore them!

/ Love At First Sight
Second that on checking ALL bolts on that tractor especially the wheel lug bolts and all mounting frame bolts for the FEL. Recheck them all again after about 50 hours of operation. When I got my LS, I found several bolts that were not even finger tight. Pay close attention to any bolt that looks like it may be hard to get a socket on. Those were the ones I found loose (accessible only with an end wrench). Lots of tractor owners have completely ruined back rims because the bolts got loose but dont forget to tighten the front ones also.
Whenever I buy something new, I go over every bolt and lube point to make sure they are tight and that gear boxes are full of oil and grease zerks have been greased. A little extra grease wont hurt a thing.
POS Ace Grease Gun took a dump first time I used it. Waiting for my Lock 'n Lube to arrive today.

There's a pre-filter screen in front of the radiator. Casual look didn't reveal a simple way to remove and clean it. Any hints?

/ Love At First Sight #64  
Compressed air. Mine slides in slots...

/ Love At First Sight #65  
POS Ace Grease Gun took a dump first time I used it. Waiting for my Lock 'n Lube to arrive today.

There's a pre-filter screen in front of the radiator. Casual look didn't reveal a simple way to remove and clean it. Any hints?
On my CK35, there's 2 wingnuts at the top of the radiator that come off, then the air filter needs to be flipped up out of the way. Screens (two) then pulls straight up.

/ Love At First Sight #66  
Those K&Ns let in waayy too much dirt and dust for tractor use.
Ditto. Just smear a clean greasy fingerprint inside the clean side of your air box. Then come back in a week or two and smear it again with a clean finger and decide if the grit you find is acceptable.

K&N claims to have been invented by desert motorcycle racers before we had engineered oiled foam air filters. Back then they were using upholstery foam with motor oil for air filters. I don't doubt oiled gauze is better than upholstery foam, but modern engineered foam air filters and paper air filters are even better.

/ Love At First Sight #67  
K&N has been discussed to the ends of reality by motorcycle riders. I just use the OE filters bought now days on Amazon or open web buys.

/ Love At First Sight #68  
K&N has been discussed to the ends of reality by motorcycle riders. I just use the OE filters bought now days on Amazon or open web buys.
The Youtuber "Project Farm" did a comparison on different filter brands including K&N.. IIRC the K&N let all kinds of small particles come thru. NOT GOOD for any engine to have that much grit (any grit is bad) ingested.

/ Love At First Sight
Bought a 5' Box Blade from TSC Monday. Had them put it in the bed of the truck. Got it home and discovered that, without forks, it was gonna be a bear to get out because of my cap. Went back and got a trailer from them and had them put it on that. Buddy of mine came by and got it out of the trailer and onto the ground by hand. Yeah, he's a stout lad.

So far I'm pretty impressed but, since this is my first box blade, that isn't real hard to do. We shall see.

I might get a set of forks in the future. Although a grapple is still on my 'must have soon' list. Just ordered a "Pats Quick Hitch"

fun city

Last edited:
   / Love At First Sight #70  
Forks are nice but the clamp on are a real compromise. I got Titan light duty forks ($140) as my FEL will not lift more than they are rated at. My BIL has a quick-connect on his FEL and those forks are nice. Some people make their own slip-on/clamp type forks but you need welding capability.