Did my first weld cold turkey

/ Did my first weld cold turkey #11  
Higher capacity welding machines can do small work, the reverse seldom has satisfactory results.

/ Did my first weld cold turkey #12  
Congrats on your first welding experience. I first got my feet wet by making a fence for myself at a buddy's shop. He gave me a 2 minute tutorial with a old miller mig machine and then turned me loose. It is a fun skill to learn. This is what I made: about 185 feet of fence in 2 weeks of work.
A few years later I took a class at the local tech school. 6 Saturday classes that lasted about 4 hours each time. I highly recommend looking into a class if you can. It actually got me a good rebate on a hypertherm plasma cutter as a student. It helps to learn the safety stuff too. Good luck with your maybe new hobby!

Attachments

• cellpix7-1.jpg
    cellpix7-1.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 87
   / Did my first weld cold turkey #13  
Hilarious that some folks still think there are welders still made in the USA. They bash China welders and are unaware that they own one. Miller has only "assembled" in USA for 15 years Same with Smith torches. Lincoln hides the manufacturer the best and only uses the smallest print for COO ( country of origin ). I don't like China at all but if you want a welder from Japan or Europe be prepared to pay for the true quality of OTC, Sanrex, Lorch, Fronius etc.