Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly?

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #121  
7.3 Junk from factory ? I got 2 with over 400,000 mile on them and are daily drivers . I'll buy junk like that all day.
I feel the same way. I sold my old '99 in '16 with 340,000 and it's still running the roads today. It never gave me a lick of trouble, and I was not kind to it. The alternator went out around 300,000 and the fuel pump went out around 320,000. I put a few clutches in it but that was, uhm, definitely my fault.

My dad had a 95 he sold with almost 500,000. Both were great trucks. The landscaping business I used to work for had a tow pig that hauled the skid steer every day that was a great truck for years until someone t boned it.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #122  
What condition and shape ? Have cash.🍻

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #123  
I had no real issues with the 7.3’s I owned, but they weren’t that much more truck than a gas truck, for being a diesel. They also had a lot of cubes, but low on power. 230HP is pretty low for 444 ci.

I think the “cat eye” duramax/allison trucks were the best all around. Except for the rust! Sheesh!

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #124  
Can't point out any manufacture on the rut thing . Ford GM dodge they all rust Bad!!! My biggest grief is that you can spend 100,000 k on a new pickup and you can't even get stainless steel brake lines .☠️ Their more worried about the latest electronic wiz bang sh-- and tail gate ladders and fold up crap then making a truck stand up to the elements. I'll just stick to my fleet of 7.3's and V10's.🍻

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly?
The coated brake lines seem to work pretty well... and can be replaced. Frames seem to be the weak link for rust.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #126  
The coated brake lines seem to work pretty well... and can be replaced. Frames seem to be the weak link for rust.
Never had frame rust, but have had to stay on top of washing salt off to prevent fender and rocker panel rust

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #127  
My neighbor gave me a 99 7.3 plow truck with the frame totaly rusted out . Engine only has 85,000 original miles . :cool: With the way used truck prices are now I,ve seen people asking 7-10 grand for a truck like that.😲 It's crazy Trucks with 7.3 and low milage and good condition are going for more than 10 year old 6.4s . A good one thats reasonably priced right is gone in a day.

I have been trying to buy another for 6 months now . No 7.3 0r v10 ,s . Been a steady customer at S.S. breaklines .com . My dually is my toy and is in the best shape it's got 450 hp. and 1,000 ft.lbs. torque.🍻

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #128  
6.0 and ALL 7.3's were ALWAYS JUNK from the factory!!! Have a very large bank account IF you get stuck with one as I did!!!

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #129  
I’d rather have my 6.4’s than any of the 7.3/6.0s.
If the truck needed monthly repairs, at least the 6.4’s were fast, powerful, could tow a lot more, and had a modern layout.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #130  
about 120,000 miles, on SECOND motor from the factory----these are a 60,000 mile throw away motor I was told, so no I aint gonna spend another dime on this POS motor. I love the truck but it dont do me any good without a motor in it. ---- I GOTTA have a gas motor and prefer a stick shift transmission instead of them stupid automatics!
Had it sold for $7,000 this spring, BUT his check didnt clear and I made him leave the truck here til check cleared,----well it never did. and truck never left my drive.
I would also trade it for something else, and any brand 1-ton dual wheel, bed not important, in fact no bed would be better since I make my own to fit my needs.