Found a great gas can spout!!

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
For years I was able to avoid the new types of gas can spouts that are so awkward to use. But then my 20 year old gas cans started to leak and I had to buy a new one. The threads on the new can wasn't the same, so I couldn't use the spout that worked so well anymore. I knew the new style was bad from what I've read, but really didn't comprehend just how bad they where.

I bought several different replacement spouts, but didn't care for the. The flexible ones where awkward to get lined up in the gas tank and lift the can at the same time. Others would crack when tightening them and only last a few times. Then I found this one, which is very easy to line up with the gas tank without spilling and so far, there is no sign that the threaded part is going to crack on me. It's a little more expensive then I wanted to spend, but it works great and I just ordered another one.

Hope this helps somebody that was dealing with this problem too.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #2  
Hi Eddie.

Thanks for posting. I bought one TSC for $20. I need 3 more so this will same me some money. The OEM spring loaded ones are junk. My 2 new cans broke the first time I used them.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #3  
Thanks for sharing this!

I gave up on the plastic ones entirely and switched to metal. (NATO gerry cans, Wavian brand)

The fuel doesn't seem to go bad. I use the CARB spill resistant spouts that they came with, but I am close to buying one without, as I discovered the hard way a tank that can only be partially filled with the press to open spouts. :mad:

All the best,

Peter

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #4  
For years I was able to avoid the new types of gas can spouts that are so awkward to use. But then my 20 year old gas cans started to leak and I had to buy a new one. The threads on the new can wasn't the same, so I couldn't use the spout that worked so well anymore. I knew the new style was bad from what I've read, but really didn't comprehend just how bad they where.

I bought several different replacement spouts, but didn't care for the. The flexible ones where awkward to get lined up in the gas tank and lift the can at the same time. Others would crack when tightening them and only last a few times. Then I found this one, which is very easy to line up with the gas tank without spilling and so far, there is no sign that the threaded part is going to crack on me. It's a little more expensive then I wanted to spend, but it works great and I just ordered another one.

I had to buy a few more gas containers and hate the new nozzles. I swear i paid that price for the nozzle you list for a new 5 gallon container, well must be 20 years ago. :rolleyes:

Putting your spout in one of my amazon list though, i think it's worth the price to get the other gas cans so i can use them.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #5  
You can still buy gas cans that don’t have the stupid regulation. They just don’t identify as gas cans. Rural King sells a similar can for about half that price.
IMG_0536.JPG

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #6  

$16? Wow. I've been transitioning to VP race cans and have only a few of the other ones left, $16 is right on the line of not being worth keeping the old one. Hmmmmmm.

Otherwise this is great, I stopped using the spout on one, just pour it straight into the tractor because the moving pieces of it just dump fuel all over the place now.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #7  
You can still buy gas cans that don’t have the stupid regulation. They just don’t identify as gas cans. Rural King sells a similar can for about half that price. View attachment 711799
Those^

Prime puts them on sale from time to time for $110 shipped for four and that's when I grab them. No spout/hose at that price but I've already got a stock of those so switch as needed.

/ Found a great gas can spout!!
I use gasoline in my lawn mower, the Mule and my log splitter. I also fill up a one gallon gas can for my chainsaws and then add the oil to it. One gallon cans are perfect for the little oil containers to mix the fuel in. The stiff spout with the angle on it is perfect for fueling up these things. I had no idea how important that was until I bought a flexible one.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #9  
I use a siphon hose for my tractor and a funnel for nearly everything else. I mix saw gas in a 2 1/2 gallon can, then dole it into a smaller jug which easily pours directly into the saw.
(you might know them as recycled Chlorox bottles, and oil jugs) The only things which those fancy spouts do is double the price of the can, and leak/spill fuel all over the place. They don’t breath, so expanding and contracting with every temperature change-along with that marvelous plastic corroding ethanol gas- shortens the life of the fuel can.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #10  
Another fan of VP Racing cans here! I've got 2 yellow ones for diesel and sourced a hand crank pump that fits perfectly. No more hoisting 5 gallons of fuel up onto my shoulder to fuel up the CUT anymore!!