Buying a Branson

/ Buying a Branson #81  
This could be a dumb question but does the additional weight of the 3620 compared to 3515 cause the engine to noticeably labor more when you have the FEL and a rear attachment on?

If you're just driving around on ground that's not really steep it won't make a difference. If you're pulling something, traction is the limiter and the heavier machine will do better. The only place where the lighter machine would do better is going up steep hills. But since the larger machine is better for everything else, I think it's better to just be resigned to going a little slower up those hills. Maybe someone with mud experience can answer for those conditions- we don't get much mud here.

/ Buying a Branson #82  
I have not fully read this entire thread but I think I can speak to the majority of your concerns.
First the exhaust system. I have a 3015R bought new in April 2019. By July 2020 (about 150 hours) I was having issues with the DOC exhaust system. Light on full time, lack of power. My dealer got me a "new" canister. By "new" I mean an old one that has been cooked off. Mind you most of those hours were loader work, not high RPM field work. Ideally, I would get rid of this system and either poke holes in it or go full muffler. I think it is the only way to be worry free.

As far as the 15 vs 20 debate. I would go 20 series if I was to do it all over. Mind you, my 15 series machine has done EVERYTHING i have asked of it. But ergonomically, weight, lift, etc the 20 series is superior.

Overall, zero complaints with the tractor, dealer, Branson, warranty, etc. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

/ Buying a Branson #83  
Note that the 3620 has a manual regen that you can use to force a cookoff of the exhaust filter, and also that should you decide it's not worth having the exhaust filter, it's removable unlike the vast majority of other tractors of the same size (I'm trying to keep mine reasonably happy though because I really appreciate how I'm not "breathing diesel"!)

/ Buying a Branson #84  
This could be a dumb question but does the additional weight of the 3620 compared to 3515 cause the engine to noticeably labor more when you have the FEL and a rear attachment on?
I can tell you that any tractor that the engine labors much with a FEL & rear attachments isn't really a tractor. The basic design of any tractor is a machine that is geared rather low and having large rear tires for pulling power-obviously to replace animals that pulled. Taking that notion further we get to WHAT can a certain tractor pull weight wise. Thats the true question that dictates various sizes of tractors in the end.
Great feedback !

I agree with looking up one level to see if there is any use for that in any anticipated future path you may take.

I was looking at the 4701... I was just shy of what I thought I might eventually need but was willing to settle for that over an MX5400 which was a LOT bigger.

In the end, my thoughts pushed me to think how I would feel in -15 or -20 degree temperatures outside in the winter - with an open station. I sat in a Grand L 3560 and I was instantly sold on its ability to keep me cool in the summer, dry in the rain, and warm in the winter... all for only $6,000 more. Yes ... it was a jump from a 4701 but over 10 years its $600/yr to be warm or cool or dry... for 20 years its $300/yr. ...

The LX was not yet available... it would have been an option. I have done things with my 3650 that I could have never ever even attempted with anything smaller, even the 4701, so I made the right choice. I was lucky.

I opted for something that would allow me to be outside longer as I get older. Everyone has their own specific needs and tastes here!
DonaldP-Me thinks your in the wrong brand thread? Branson thread isn't the place to talk about your reputable brand nor logically what I want to talk about here?
Bowmbd-Frame weight alone is very unlike to labor a tractor unless you've chosen the wrong gear to operate in is another way to answer your question.

/ Buying a Branson #85  
Kantuckid, your comments Directed @DonaldP are frankly rude and unnecessary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his post as he was sharing his experience with his purchase. He never once said his tractor brand was superior.

If you do not want to talk about what is being discussed you are free to leave anytime you would like. You are not the OP of this thread.

/ Buying a Branson #86  
I can tell you that any tractor that the engine labors much with a FEL & rear attachments isn't really a tractor. The basic design of any tractor is a machine that is geared rather low and having large rear tires for pulling power-obviously to replace animals that pulled. Taking that notion further we get to WHAT can a certain tractor pull weight wise. Thats the true question that dictates various sizes of tractors in the end.

Bowmbd-Frame weight alone is very unlike to labor a tractor unless you've chosen the wrong gear to operate in is another way to answer your question.

I would guess that it depends on what you call laboring, if the work is pulling the engine down below engine pto speed I would consider that laboring.
It is also a common occurrence. It is also happening every time the engine pullls down from the selected free load engine speed. Regardless if that is digging into a pile and making the hydraulics work and the tractor push.
I have not seen any tractor that didn't labor when doing it's normal work.
If your tractor never labors and pre tier 4 doesn't push a bit of black smoke you certainly have more tractor for the job being done then many.

/ Buying a Branson #87  
I would just add to what Lou said, you can also drop down a gear if needed. There was one spot at our old place where I had to mow up a 25 degree slope while pulling a 6' brush hog. I was in 1st gear on the HST, with front axle and diff lock engaged. I would not have been able to mow up that hill in 2nd gear. The loose soil didn't help matters on that slope. It was both a traction problem and a correct gear for the load problem.

I normally mow pretty much everything in HST 2. I've found that for me, it's the best gear to be able to moderate my ground speed vs. how rough the ground surface is that I'm mowing over.

/ Buying a Branson #88  

DonaldP-Me thinks your in the wrong brand thread? Branson thread isn't the place to talk about your reputable brand nor logically what I want to talk about here?
My Brother in-law and my sister just moved to Idaho. He is using (temporarily at this point) a Branson that was loaned to him by a new neighbor to get a feel for, and decide if he likes it.

Because of this I actually looked at a Branson Dealers stock here in New York State to get a feel for the equipment, hydraulics and piping, rear end/3 Pt materials, Backhoe additions, and other accoutrements. I didn't see any issues with the hardware, although I haven't yet seen in person, any Branson units with a Cab (my Brother in-Laws is an open station as well). I enjoy looking at the differing perspectives of how different manufacturers approach Cab design, among other design specifications. I then try to base the "specific to that manufacturers" design elements into perspective with where the unit is manufactured, its genesis, and its perspective market... and then associate that to whatever pressures are within the overall product category (tractors) to make a manufacturer step out and take risks that could help or hinder them in their growth. It's a rather interesting field to explore. Mahindra has probably some of the most interesting concepts out there in which they are attempting to move from historically "everyman's rice patty machine" to a contender for customers from many manufactures, including Kubota, Branson, and many other name brand machines. I'm not picking on Mahindra for quality or design issues, only that they have an interesting history and are still very much one of the most dynamic at attempting to "catch" customers for all other competing brands.

I appreciate your comments. They are honest. That's ok!! Personally, I tend to show an interest in all technology...to do otherwise is like sticking ones head in the sand. I think its wonderful to hear about experiences from many owners of all brands. There is no brand associated with professional feedback and exploration of ideas that pertain to how to better our world whether it's for us as individuals or for mankind as a whole. Everyone's viewpoint is welcomed, even though we may not subscribe to it. Thank you for your honesty and constructive criticism.

/ Buying a Branson #89  
Kantuckid, your comments Directed @DonaldP are frankly rude and unnecessary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his post as he was sharing his experience with his purchase. He never once said his tractor brand was superior.

If you do not want to talk about what is being discussed you are free to leave anytime you would like. You are not the OP of this thread.
Thanks so much for your feedback...

I appreciate folks out there in support of the LBTQ community...

L - Landini (Italy)
B - Branson
T - TYM
Q - Qingdao Iaoshan Tractor Factory (China)

:)

/ Buying a Branson #90  

If you do not want to talk about what is being discussed you are free to leave anytime you would like. You are not the OP of this thread

Your entitled to your opinion and I shared mine toward staying on topic of "Buying a Branson" vs. a long discussion of how Kubota is this and that. We all can see that I'm not the OP.