Wheel bearing grease for small trailers?

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #11  
My father and I both purchased identical decorative windmills at the same time.
They have unsealed bearings on the blade assembly.
My father has used nothing but Mobil 1 synthetic in his. He is on his third set of bearings.
I have used Green Grease in mine and still have the original bearings.
I like the polymer greases. They tend to hold up well when exposed to water.
Still prefer moly for pins and bushings.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #12  
I purchase wheel bearing grease in a tub not a tube.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #13  
Does anyone besides me use Bearing Buddies to keep trailer bearings greased?

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #15  
What is a good, commonly available grease for the wheel bearings on smaller trailers? It's been years since I've greased one. I want to do the wheels bearings on my 7'x10' trailer with a HD axle and 205/75-15 tires that often travels the Interstate. I tried to search but our search is confusing to me.

On slow speed farm wagons I just use Red N Tacky or Deere Polyurea because that's what I have and it's not clay based. No big deal and it works. I also have an older can of disc rated wheel bearing grease. Any advice appreciated.

Side question here is should I just replace the wheel bearings regardless of condition? I had a mechanic tell me that cleaning them often damages the bearing surface and it's better to replace. What do you think?
I use GL2 red (high temp) good for everything that uses grease.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #16  
Does anyone besides me use Bearing Buddies to keep trailer bearings greased?
I do on my boat trailer.....not BB per se as the trailer has a special greaseable hub. Were it not for that it would have them.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #17  
I have seen some greases get flung from wheel bearings when they run on the hot side. Very messy.
Bearing grease is thicker and has a higher melt point and usually sold in a tin with a snap top like paint cans use.
Typically you use fingers to thoroughly pack bearings, messy, yes.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #18  
I have seen some greases get flung from wheel bearings when they run on the hot side. Very messy.
Bearing grease is thicker and has a higher melt point and usually sold in a tin with a snap top like paint cans use.
Typically you use fingers to thoroughly pack bearings, messy, yes.
Yup,....but I do have a bearing grease packing tool.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #19  
What is a good, commonly available grease for the wheel bearings on smaller trailers? It's been years since I've greased one. I want to do the wheels bearings on my 7'x10' trailer with a HD axle and 205/75-15 tires that often travels the Interstate. I tried to search but our search is confusing to me.

On slow speed farm wagons I just use Red N Tacky or Deere Polyurea because that's what I have and it's not clay based. No big deal and it works. I also have an older can of disc rated wheel bearing grease. Any advice appreciated.

Side question here is should I just replace the wheel bearings regardless of condition? I had a mechanic tell me that cleaning them often damages the bearing surface and it's better to replace. What do you think?
I would ONLY use Wheel Bearing Grease. It is fibrous and stays put longer I believe.
I carry a complete Hub with lubricated bearings with me and mount the spare to it on a spindle welded to trailer frame.
One Nut for tire/wheel/hub change.

/ Wheel bearing grease for small trailers? #20  
Agreed with using any good brand 'High Temp Wheel Bearing Grease' for over the road trailers.

If you think they need to be cleaned out first, instead of just replacing the old grease, plain ol' gasoline works pretty good. Just don't spin them fast while dry as said previously.