Question about third function valve

/ Question about third function valve #1  

sander925

Tractor
Kubota B2650
Hi, I am new to tractors and the forum. Been lurking and learning.

I purchased a Kubota B2650 and had the Land Pride 3rd function kit installed. I also purchased the BH77 backhoe.

I finally received a EA Wicked 55 grapple. I hooked up the grapple and attached the hoses as instructed. I lost the 3 point lift and my front end loader started acting erratically. I had to put the loader in float mode to get it to go down. It was very slow up. Tractor sounded like the hydraulic relief valve was open the whole time.

I started trying to troubleshoot the problem. I figured out they put the 3rd function valve in backwards. The P port and T port are plumbed to the loader. According to the installation instructions that is backwards to what it should be.

Now the question, should I be worried about damage to the hydraulics or plumb the valve correctly and tractor on?

Thanks,
Randy

/ Question about third function valve #2  
I would talk to the dealer that installed it before doing anything else. They need to know they plumbed it wrong and should correct the problem. If any damage was done they will need to fix that as well.

/ Question about third function valve #3  
I would talk to the dealer that installed it before doing anything else. They need to know they plumbed it wrong and should correct the problem. If any damage was done they will need to fix that as well.
Agree. And I am actually surprised they didnt test it and the tractor made it home. You would think a FEL acting erratically and the only way to get it to lower is via float mode...that should have been noticed simply loading it on truck/trailer for delivery or pickup

/ Question about third function valve #4  
Sander
Is the 3rd function plumbed into the curl circuit or the FEL power beyond? In reality neither should affect lower so something is plumbed incorrectly.

/ Question about third function valve
I have involved the dealer. They will be picking up the tractor Tuesday afternoon. The third function valve is plumbed to the hookups for the for the backhoe. The way it is now I have to choose one or the other. My understanding is that I could basically put tees in the lines and have both at the same time. I just received the grapple so hadn't used the third function valve until now.

The dealer has been super to work with. Can't say enough good about the sales manager (he runs just about everything at the location). He implied that he was sure that he remembered the tech that prepped my tractor during our conversation. Apparently, the tech is no longer employed there.

From what I could figure out the third function was plumbed 180 degrees from what it was supposed to be. I was concerned about possible damage to the hydraulics. The manual says that major damage can occur if the hoses for the backhoe are not connected. I was concerned that type of damage could have occurred. The dealer reassured me that the tractor would be checked thoroughly. He was very displeased about the situation.

Also, when the third function valve is not connected the front end loader functions correctly. Won't disagree about checking the function when setting it up.

/ Question about third function valve #7  
I cannot say for sure without seeing just how they have it plumbed, but in general, "tees" wont work on an open center hydraulic system. Only for the return(tank) lines.

You should still be able to have a 3rd and backhoe functional at the same time though. But its in series and not with Tee's

Thanks, I realize that I over simplified the plumbing. It wasn't intentional. Thanks for all of the responses.

/ Question about third function valve #9  
I installed the Landpride 3rd function on my LX2610 in February.

Landpride’s instruction did not mention how to plumb the hydraulics if a backhoe was installed.

I had to call the dealer to determine the hose routing to include the backhoe and third function.
Everything worked fine.

About a month later the dealer called me and told me not to use the tractor till their mechanic could inspect the plumbing.
Kubota would not warranty any damage to the hydraulic pump because of the Landpride 3rd function.

Even though Landride is owned by Kubota, Kubota does not guarantee Landpride products. Landpride is third party.
It would have to be a Kubota 3rd function before they would guarantee it.

The OP’s problem would be the fault of the dealer if it was installed improperly.

/ Question about third function valve #10  
Randy
To answer your question in your first post about damage to the system. If relief was working correctly you should not have damaged anything in running for a short period of time. I would not operate unit with 3rd function attached again though.

nice that you have a responsive dealer