pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #371  
I think... the F150 Limited has 22 inch wheels; my Platinum has 20's. I don't understand why that is a problem. Am I missing something?
Depends how a truck is used....

To make a truck (p/u) handle today, you'll see something like 40 series tires from the factory. Better for skidpads, and cloverleafs.

So if somebody used a p/u only lightly loaded, on pavement, 40 series may not be a problem.

Those of us who came up using farm trucks often prefer a taller tire in a still-work truck. Takes impacts better, even on road, as there is more sidewall to flex, and supply some suspension compliance - so old school steel rims with a 70+ series tire had to really get beaten on to get damaged.

For that ^ characteristic, you give up some handling in the curves.

Different strokes for different folks...... I want a tall-sidewall tire on my trucks for old school reasons..... if I want to carve curves, I take out my Kawasaki street bike.

Anybody budget-constrained (like me) doesn't want to replace factory 22 tires on pickups - pretty spendy. Not an issue if you have a Don't Care budget, or just trade in new trucks fast.

My 2 cents..... FWIW.

Rgds, D.

/ pickup truck size #372  
Yes. All this talk about 5.5 feet beds being useless. If you can’t park a skid steer in the bed it’s useless. View attachment 713297
Come with me for a day, drive the roads and goat paths that I drive. You won’t be long ditching that oversized boat for something more practical.

/ pickup truck size #373  
Come with me for a day, drive the roads and goat paths that I drive. You won’t be long ditching that oversized boat for something more practical.

That’s not a one vehicle truck. I need the capacity it offers but it’s not a vehicle you’re going to cruise around in. I’m not driving that down a goat path and you’re not putting a skid steer in the bed or stumps or logs or much of anything else.

/ pickup truck size #375  
The skid-steer is so you can pick up even more groceries @ Costco - right ?

;) Rgds, D.

Yes it really beats loading by hand.
IMG_0295.JPG

/ pickup truck size #378  
A truck has 22.5 tires. Anything else is a soccer mom truck.

That must be one of them there new newfangled junk trucks, once they went away from 9 or 10 hundred 20's what good are they!!!!!!!!!!

That I know, semi trucks with newfangled tubeless tires were 22.5 back in 1977. Tube tires were whole-inch such as 19" (proprietary U-Haul) or 20". Tubeless were 0.5" sized such as 19.5, 22.5, to keep idiots from mounting a tubeless tire on a tube rim.

/ pickup truck size #379  
Tubeless were 0.5" sized such as 19.5, 22.5, to keep idiots from mounting a tubeless tire on a tube rim.
Years ago I worked with two brothers, one of them walked with a limp after his brother crashed a pickup they were traveling in. The driver said “I don’t know what happened, all of a sudden it just veered off the road.”
In a later conversation he told about how somebody had given him a pair of tube-type tires, but he didn’t have tubes so he mounted them without and they held air, so he ran them.

I didnt bother to point out to him that was most likely why his truck left the road.