pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #382  
A truck has 22.5 tires. Anything else is a soccer mom truck.
LoL my truck only has 18" steelies, 8' box, vinyl flooring, a floor transfer case lever and no safety mitigation crap. Wife calls it a freight train and the 6.6 pulls a trailer like one to. Only added Bilstein and air springs on the rear. A soccer mom or dad would have to park it on the back 40 for a pto meeting.
KIMG0622.JPG

/ pickup truck size #386  
Here is a very good video showing the small Ford Maverick. It shows all the configurations, options, driving, and hauling.

/ pickup truck size #387  
Interesting, Ford sure is trying to cover the spectrum.

/ pickup truck size #388  
I haven't been able to find one on any dealer lots yet, but am considering a hybrid Maverick next year. For $20K I'll park my Colorado and only use it when I want 4WD.
>
>
>
>
I wonder how it would handle 10 ply tires. :D

/ pickup truck size #389  
^^^^^^ That looks like a good setup for what you do, and the "Ranger Review" thread which you are operating indicates the same.

Long ago I belonged to another site with lot of people who felt the need to dictate what others should drive, among other things. "Most people don't need 4WDs"... "you shouldn't live so far from the city"... you don't need a (boat, tractor, snowmobile, chainsaw,..."

Although their reasons were different, the need of some people here to dictate what others should drive are laughable.
You guys in America have the luxury of being able to afford to drive what you choose because transportation isnt taxed as heavy.

But here in Holland some treehuggers that live in an appartment and live at cycling distance from work, also think that a single guy like me doesnt need a family wagon to commute, because the need to tow only arises from hobbies.

Peoples vehicles needs, arise from a lifestyle. If you dont have a garden and take the train to work, you only need a grocery getter. If you live outdoors you have **** to tow, city people (especially ecoterrorists) dont understand that.

I dont know what i'd drive if i hadnt have to pay 1.60 euro for a liter of diesel, and 141 euro in monthly road tax.... 4wd is nice, but the added fuel consumption makes me stick with 2wd and a low wind drag profile...

/ pickup truck size #390  
You guys in America have the luxury of being able to afford to drive what you choose because transportation isnt taxed as heavy.

But here in Holland some treehuggers that live in an appartment and live at cycling distance from work, also think that a single guy like me doesnt need a family wagon to commute, because the need to tow only arises from hobbies.

Peoples vehicles needs, arise from a lifestyle. If you dont have a garden and take the train to work, you only need a grocery getter. If you live outdoors you have **** to tow, city people (especially ecoterrorists) dont understand that.

I dont know what i'd drive if i hadnt have to pay 1.60 euro for a liter of diesel, and 141 euro in monthly road tax.... 4wd is nice, but the added fuel consumption makes me stick with 2wd and a low wind drag profile...
I actually understand their logic but don’t see how anybody can live in the city and depend on somebody else to provide for their daily needs. I lived in the city for a winter when I was just starting out and it was the most boring 6 months of my life. What do people do with all of their free time?