Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search

/ Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search #1  

PineyChapelMafia

Tractor
Case 580
Hey y'all,

First-time poster here. I think I'm in the right place, someone let me know if I'm not. I live on a 200+ acre cattle/row crop farm in Alabama, and we unfortunately had a hay fire occur last week. We managed to pull our late 70s or early 80s Case 580D Extendahoe out just in time and saved it from any serious mechanical damage besides some hoses and what I'm about to post pictures of. The instrument panel cluster, light switches, knobs (left of the cluster, not sure what they were for), and the back control lever cover were melted though. Getting mechanical parts for it has never been an issue where we are, but I am having a seriously tough time looking for these plastic parts for it, and was hoping someone here could help me out. I am somewhat inheriting the title of mechanic for it now, and want to learn as much as I can. Where or how can I determine the correct model year? Maybe that can help me search for these parts. If anyone could help that would be awesome. I apologize for the size of the pictures, I'll get that figured out. Thanks!
backhoe cluster.jpg
backhoe back panel.jpg

/ Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search #2  
Welcome to TBN. Sorry about the fire but glad you saved the Case. You may have luck calling these guys.

/ Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search #3  
Model year is determined by the serial number. On newer models, the serial number plate is mounted on the left side, inside the cab/ROPS,just above the floor plate.

Here is a link to Case Construction: Case construction king loader backhoe | Case CE | MyCNHi US Store When you open the link, select the 00 selection of pictorial index, the select the second one, it shows the locations of all serial number locations on the machine.

Select items in the function groups below that, and it will open to exploded views of those function groups, part numbers, and if still available through Case Construction. You'll probably have to select a dealer to get prices, and availability.

You can also copy and paste the part numbers to a decent search engine such as Google, and see what is available through aftermarket vendors. Salvage yards are also listing used parts they have. If it's out there advertised on the net, it normally pops up in search results. If you dabble on ebay, run part numbers there too. I've found more than several parts, used, or NOS parts I needed mainly for my old 310B, and a couple for my newer 480C.

/ Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search
Thanks guys for the post. I'm not with the backhoe right now but I will try to get someone to get the serial number so I can really dial the search in. I will also try Southern Tractor to see what they have, and look for salvage stuff online as well. Much appreciated!

/ Case 580D Parts and Model Year Search #5  
DJ54 posted the link to the parts books. Once you know what your looking for your local Case construction dealer will be able to help. For salvage machines that might have the parts you need. Below is a link that lists some salvage machines.

I would change the fluids, filters, check the engine hoses, main hydraulic hoses, and electrical harness prior to starting the 580D. Insulation burnt off a wire could arc and catch the machine on fire, a hole in an intake hose could allow dirt to be sucked in wrecking the engine, or a coolant hose bursting could cause a catastrophic coolant loss, dirt from the fire could have entered the engine or hydraulic oil and could potentially cause internal damage.

If you need any help let us know, and welcome to the forums.