Negotiating for a new tractor?

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #22  
I negotiated my tractor less than a year ago. I had 10 dealers anywhere from 400 yards from my house to 500 miles away quote me the exact machine. I took the best price to my local dealer literally 400 yards down the road and told him this is what I am willing to pay I can pay you or I can go for a road trip. His initial price was the highest by $5000. He beat the best price by $500

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #23  
You lost you waited too long now the dealer has the upper hand.
Not many tractors on the lot and it seems not many coming from
the manufacture so slim pickings and high prices and they just
keep going up!
I talked to a dealer in another state about buying an attachment
it only weighted 500 lbs freight price was approx $1500 and they
are charging $3.50 to $4 per mile! A lot of the semi drivers I read
someplace are switching to amazon.

willy

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #24  
... A lot of the semi drivers I read
someplace are switching to amazon.

willy
Dang Williy, they must be stupid. How much money does the driver get when the delivery is free? :unsure: 😁

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #25  
From the net: Amazon Truck Driver Jobs · Full-time position; $57,000-$74,000/year; $220-$240/day · Full-time position; $80,000-$90,000/year; Guaranteed $1,500-$1,700/shift ..

willy

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #26  
While the dealers are not negotiating at all....none that I have found, both John Deere and Kubota have generous equestrian discounts if you belong to one of the organizations they sponsor. I'm buying a Kubota B2601 with loader/backhoe/grapple/3rd Valve and it came to $ 33,269.

I joined the American Cutting Horse Association as a non-competitive member in about 5 minutes one evening (no charge for the first year) right on their website at ACHA - American Cutting Horse Association. Called my dealer and advised him and got the price reduced to $ 29,973. One caveat, the 0% financing goes away, that's a cash deal OR you can use conventional financing at around 5.7%.

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #27  
Pre-pandemic Kubota dealers were giving decent discounts off MSRP and the common wisdom was negotiate to 80% of MSRP. That made the 20% equine discount a poor choice as it did not really have any advantage over haggling the price down. Now, the dealers are not budging off of MSRP which makes the equine discount really attractive. Of course, if you need full financing it's a wash. A big down payment and an amortization calculator will show you how much the equie discount will help.

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #28  
I just negotiated my deal on the L3560HSTC-LE T/L/B with a pretty substantial list of add-ons at $53,900 - $1100 in Kubota rebates + $5900 in KTAK with the 0% @ 84 months. That was straight MSRP as shown in the build my Kubota tool, minus the incentives. But hey, they actually had 1 unit on the property (there are still 2 ROPS units in crates around back) and I actually have it. They did give me a $38 L4060 toy set with 3 steer and a cowboy for my granddaughter.... so that was a true win!

/ Negotiating for a new tractor? #29  
I negotiated my tractor less than a year ago. I had 10 dealers anywhere from 400 yards from my house to 500 miles away quote me the exact machine. I took the best price to my local dealer literally 400 yards down the road and told him this is what I am willing to pay I can pay you or I can go for a road trip. His initial price was the highest by $5000. He beat the best price by $500
Car salesmen (and by association, their dealerships) have earned their despicable reputations. I once struck a verbal contract to purchase a pickup at XXX. I drove 40 miles to make the purchase, to be told "plus $200 documentation fee". Are tractor salesman (and dealerships) just as 'free and easy' with their commitments ? If so, they deserve what transpired with your purchase. However, in a commercial environment, under like circumstances, many vendors will choose not to quote, nor to sell again - blacklisted forever. I understand the desire to get the best price possible. But if one vendor is going to be given a 2nd chance, with sharing of other vendor's quotes, it smacks of impropriety.
If you had told all vendors you would go back to your nearby vendor, share their quotes, and buy from nearby vendor if he beat their price, do you suppose they would quote ?