Celebrities I have met

/ Celebrities I have met #81  
So, I have hung out with Tom Arnold before he got famous. He worked with my sister in Minneapolis when I was at UMinn. She is mentioned in his book. He let fame change him, but he still treats his friends well from before the fame.

Met Mark Chmura (TE for the Packers) when our kids played flag football on opposing teams.

Didn't get to meet Patrick Stewart, but he was cast to read parts that I wrote and did a great job...lol

My sister's nephew played in the NHL. Joe Finley. Only 25 games at the top level. I met him when he was little....he is 6'8" now.

Brock Lesnar is from my mom's hometown. The guy who started Tommy John underwear is from mine. Lol. Both towns combined are maybe 8000 people.

NaNa Osafo -Mensah...current DE for Notre Dame played BB and FB against my son for 3 years in middle school. Man among boys. He was a nice kid, though.

Chris Michalak, former MLB pitcher pitched to our kids in coach pitch baseball. His kid was on the team. Partway through the kids' season he signed a minor league deal with Toronto and had to leave. He and his wife were nice people, too.

Freestyle BMX icon, Woody Itson used to be our neighbor. He would do tricks in the cul-de-sac at age 50+.

A former girlfriend is now a judge in Nevada...is that famous? :)

I've met a lot of random other people, heck, I'm on IMDB and mentioned in some Wiki articlees...fame is all relative to what you care about.

/ Celebrities I have met #82  
I met a Playboy Bunny in the 60’s. Does that count. Have the picture to prove it!
That counts twice, one for each........

/ Celebrities I have met #83  
Just a few retired pro athletes
John LeClair & Keith Jones (Philadelphia Flyers)
Bill Bergey, Frank LeMaster, Ron Jaworski, Danny Klecko (Philadelphia Eagles)

I boxed one round against a pro boxer named Lee White from Atlantic City.

/ Celebrities I have met #84  
My wife and I got into the NASCAR scene back in the Winston Cup days when we met a Bud distributor's wife on a flight to Boston. We got to know her husband and her and he introduced us to the guy that was the director of NASCAR for Anheuser Busch who we ended up becoming lifelong friends with. He hooked us up with garage/pit credentials for 3 years and enabled us to meet all of the drivers and ex drivers in the race scene. During that time we became good friends with Richard Childress and continued to get access to the races through RCR. On several occassions he had his plane to fly to our local airport and transport us to some of the races. We did this for 5 years or so until we just got tired of it. When they raced in Darlington I would always barbeque a hog for the RCR teams and pull my cooker to the track. We had some interesting encounters during that time. I'll share this. Jeff Gordon was up and coming and they were racing in Darlington. We wanted to take our daughter to the race so Richard had us bring her and Chocolate Myers went to the gate to bring her in(kids aren't allowed unless they are crew or driver's families, she was maybe 8 to 10). Her favorite driver was Gordon, she called him the Rainbow Man and my wife had taken her to meet him. I guess something was said about him being Rainbow Man because when the drivers were getting in the cars to start the race he pointed out mydaugter to his soon to be wife, Brook and told her that was the little girl he told her about. Two races later his crew became the Rainbow Warriors. We received no royalties. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Celebrities I have met #85  
None-I personally care less about celebrities and their status quo-that includes spoiled actors, musicians and politicians and professional athletes. My version of a celebrity differs from most-they are my brothers and sisters serving the United States military. The cops and fireman who risk their lives daily and those in public service that also risk their lives for us.

/ Celebrities I have met #86  
None-I personally care less about celebrities and their status quo-that includes spoiled actors, musicians and politicians and professional athletes. My version of a celebrity differs from most-they are my brothers and sisters serving the United States military. The cops and fireman who risk their lives daily and those in public service that also risk their lives for us.

Well said.
I dont even believe you need to be a cop, a soldier, etc.

My idea of a hero is a man or woman who raises a proper family (if they have one), pays their fair share of taxes and stays out of trouble.
This country has a terribly skewed view of what is "great".
Great post cdaigle430

/ Celebrities I have met #87  
I have met none. I feel so depressed 🙁

/ Celebrities I have met #88  
Well said.
I dont even believe you need to be a cop, a soldier, etc.

My idea of a hero is a man or woman who raises a proper family (if they have one), pays their fair share of taxes and stays out of trouble.
This country has a terribly skewed view of what is "great".
Great post cdaigle430
This brings up a pet peeve of mine..."Award Season"....with all the music, film, TV, stage etc., etc. award productions and fanfare....The entire multi media entertainment industry so full of itself it is not even funny...and what makes it worse is the fact that a majority of the most popular celebrities have little or no talent...

IMO....there should be highly promoted national awards for things like teachers, school bus drivers, crossing guards, first responders, dedicated civil servants etc., etc....

/ Celebrities I have met #89  
This brings up a pet peeve of mine..."Award Season"....with all the music, film, TV, stage etc., etc. award productions and fanfare....The entire multi media entertainment industry so full of itself it is not even funny...and what makes it worse is the fact that a majority of the most popular celebrities have little or no talent...

IMO....there should be highly promoted national awards for things like teachers, school bus drivers, crossing guards, first responders, dedicated civil servants etc., etc....
Very few Americans watch their awards ceremonies anymore. The viewership numbers have tanked because most of the celebrities views and opinions of events in the world are so out of touch with reality.
Like you said, they aren’t even funny.

/ Celebrities I have met #90  
I have known local car celebrities Mike Hall (20 yrs) and Avery Shoaf (about 7 yrs) from the History channel's "Rust Valley Restorers", filmed 5 minutes down the road, also in Tappen.

1632366454156.png
1632366531849.png