Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy

/ Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy #1  

Number15

Gold Member
Tractor
AC 7600 TTR, Branson 5520CH, Grasshopper 928D2
One of the weird things I like to do is cut filters and look at how they are constructed. It's not scientific and decisions on what to run should not be made based on pictures.

with that being said I have a lot of pictures of different filters cut and quite a few ready to be opened. My Branson filters will be opened soon and I have some hydraulic filters coming as well. This is all for fun that I weirdly like to do. I also do UOA on all my vehicles as well. I'll post some that I have and encourage others to post if they feel like.

Fram xg10575 c&p​

Off an EcoBoost f150 ~9k miles
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

/ Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy

FL-910s C&P​

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Filter has slightly over 10k miles on a powerstroke 6.7. Filter had no tears in media and looked clean of larger debris. It was IMO well built. Large spring in the bottom of the can, wire backed media and pliable adbv.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

/ Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy #4  
I too cut filters apart. It is the only way to really know what you are getting for your money.

I too cut filters apart. It is the only way to really know what you are getting for your money.
I have quite a few of them, mostly relating to equipment I run. So 3.5 EB, 6.7 powerstroke and my P cars. Now that I have the Branson and Grasshopper I'll have more to add to the mix.

/ Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy #8  
I just send in as drain oil sample to Blackstone Labs on every change and they give me a complete breakdown of everything in the oil. Have a filter cutter, never used it.

I just send in as drain oil sample to Blackstone Labs on every change and they give me a complete breakdown of everything in the oil. Have a filter cutter, never used it.
I use polaris. 50 hour service from the Branson is going in this week. Debating on if I should do the hydraulic oil but I don't think it will be to informative.

/ Filter C&P (cut & post) | phone users - picture heavy #10  
I test my own (when I'm not too lazy). I friend I worked for previously has his own lab. He was taught while in the air force and when he got out was doing it as an addition to his non destructive testing business. I'm not sure if he still does it commercially though.