Starlink

/ Starlink #1,411  
Can't figure any reason why "check for obstructions" won't work. Tried everything. Phone is Verizon-- maybe 3 years old.

btw, here's how bad our current Sat system is. Two days ago Hughes notified me we exceeded our data limit, so they were slowing our speeds until the next cycle-- we can't tell any difference! :LOL:

/ Starlink #1,412  
Do you have another phone in the household you could try it on?

/ Starlink #1,413  
Do you have another phone in the household you could try it on?
Embarrassed to say I didn't even consider that-- yikes!

Downloaded Starlink to wife's phone just now. When clicking check for obstructions, it asks permission for camera, audio, and gps location. Said yes to all 3. Same error. :(

(Both phones same model, I think Motorola Razor Maxx ....)

/ Starlink #1,414  
I suspect that the phones are too old. That was introduced in 2012, and only went to Android 4.1.2, if you upgraded the OS yourself. It would seem to have sufficient hardware features, gps, accelerometer, camera.

Got a spare tablet that is newer?

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,415  
Yeah, if they phones are that old and can't get beyond Android 4.x I can see where there would be many opportunities for things to not work. Android is up to 11 now. Maybe a friend or family member would stop by to help you out and put the Starlink app on briefly to do the obstruction stuff?

Rob

/ Starlink #1,418  
My bad ... phone is DROID MAXX 2, Android OS version 7.1.1.

Everyone says my cell phone is old. I think its the rotary dial that gives it away. :LOL:

Attachments

• Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / Starlink #1,419  
@cqaigy2 didn't you open this obstruction page via a browser page?

@ponytug do you have a laptop?
Yes, but it doesn't run the app...

I laugh every time that I see that cell phone photo. That one definitely doesn't run the Starlink app!

Here is her webpage about her phone design and why she wanted a cell phone with a rotary dial. Talented hackers are so impressive to me. Baling twine is more my line...and tech level.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,420  
You folks that have gotten Dishy, is there any special day of the week they send out notifications that your dish is being shipped or do they do it every day?