Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
Some of you may remember my complaining about not being able to move the tractor with the seat reversed, while using the backhoe. I thought this was crazy, as who just sits in one place and digs (guess I need to dig ditches). After trying a stick for about an hour i said screw it and designed something. my HST is crazy hard to push with a stick.

So now I give you push button direction control. Linear actuator, to a momentary switch, and some 3d printed parts to attach it to the tractor. Did not need to cut into the factory wiring, was able to tie into the horn/light circuit, that was not in use.

actuator comes paritally off to drive somewhere else with 1 pin. completely comes off with 3 pins, less then 30 seconds to remove.

Attachments

• 20211005_130503.jpg
    20211005_130503.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 229
  • 20211005_130437.jpg
    20211005_130437.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 217
  • 20211005_130519.jpg
    20211005_130519.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 212
  • 20211005_130454.jpg
    20211005_130454.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
   / Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #2  
That’s badass.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #3  
I always have the bucket down and the brake on
and in neutral so it won't work for me
I can use the backhoe to lift and move me forward
when I want to move plenty of lifting power with the
backhoe

willy

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #4  
Really cool, but I also always have the brake on and bucket down. Don’t you just end up pulling/pushing yourself all over the place if you don’t have the brake on and bucket down?

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way.
Really cool, but I also always have the brake on and bucket down. Don’t you just end up pulling/pushing yourself all over the place if you don’t have the brake on and bucket down?
not when i lift the rear off the ground with the stab jacks. you guys must have some seriously dry stuff. I can barely do the bucket pull trick, without ripping 3 feet of ground around here.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #6  
Very creative. Nice work!

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #7  
Very cool but like the others breaks on and bucket down.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #8  
That's prety cool!

I saw a guy mowing his lawn a few weeks ago with a hand HST lever...but it was a 2x4 duct taped to the pedal.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #9  
Ive never used a small backhoe, but have spent 100’s of hours on commercial backhoes. We never move the unit with peddles while digging. we just pick up the rear end with hoe and scoot tractor forward. That being said, after using an excavator the first time, I dumped my hoe forever. Excavators rule.

/ Now able to move tractor from backhoe position. Push Button, 3D Parts, Should have come from the factory this way. #10  
Ive never used a small backhoe, but have spent 100’s of hours on commercial backhoes. We never move the unit with peddles while digging. we just pick up the rear end with hoe and scoot tractor forward. That being said, after using an excavator the first time, I dumped my hoe forever. Excavators rule.

I have used backhoes of all sizes and would never consider moving the machine any other way than with the dipper. Doing it any other way on a job site is a good way to be looking for an new job.