Engine seized???

/ Engine seized???
You can also bump the engine over with a geared transmission and a dry clutch,
by simply putting the tractor in it's highest gear and rocking the whole machine back and forth.
With a front mounted hydraulic pump your options are a bit limited.
A large pry bar to the flywheel teeth or rock the tractor.
Or you can try to rotate it by engaging the pto and turning the shaft but thats only 5 to 1 or so ratio.
Pulling the glow plugs or injectors will remove the compression so it should turn over easily.
Thanks - unfortunately the bucket is dropped so I can't really get it to budge much on my own. I will see what I can do though. That may be an option.

/ Engine seized??? #22  
Maybe you could get a jack under the bucket to lift it then block the cylinders or they might even hold with the valve.

/ Engine seized??? #23  
I don't know how the front of yours is configured to the pump.

I have an industrial backhoe. I have a shaft out the front of engine that goes to my pump which is in the nose of the machine.

ON THAT SHAFT, is a universal joint. I don't know about yours, but in my case, I'd feel comfortable applying some pressure via that joint (with a rod type item) to get some twist on the crank.

I wouldn't put excessive pressure on that but for the sake of moving or adjusting engine position, it might be a contact point that you might be able to use (?)

/ Engine seized??? #24  
Jack up the bucket enough that you can get a post or something to lay under it so it will slide easier,
pull the glow plugs out AFTER you blow around them so that dirt doesn't fall in the hole,
put the tranny in the highest gear available and rock the tractor back and forth with the rear tire. Maybe even have someone on the other tire too.
Report back here with your findings.

/ Engine seized???
Jack up the bucket enough that you can get a post or something to lay under it so it will slide easier,
pull the glow plugs out AFTER you blow around them so that dirt doesn't fall in the hole,
put the tranny in the highest gear available and rock the tractor back and forth with the rear tire. Maybe even have someone on the other tire too.
Report back here with your findings.
Ended up having it winched onto a flatbed to my mechanic - I don't have what I need to do the labor on it right now! I'll report back on what they find out.

/ Engine seized??? #26  
Another thing you could do is loosen the belts. I've seen alternators that have rusted and will not allow the engine to turn over. If it was sitting for a short period it's not too likely but you never know. You could also remove the hydraulic pump from the front of the engine. They are designed to come off so a belt can be replaced.

/ Engine seized??? #27  
Go ahead and force the engine over and bend a piston rod while you're at it. I would never crank one without an air cleaner. It don't take but two weeks for lock up if water gets in.

/ Engine seized??? #28  
I’d pull all the glow plugs and try spinning it again with the starter. A breaker bar on the crankshaft would be a better option but the starter isn’t going to hurt anything that’s not already hurt. If that doesn’t work I’d narrow down the possibility’s further by removing the fan/alternator belt and see if if it’ll turn over. If it still doesn’t turn try removing the hydraulic pump. Before you get into all of that are you sure that the battery is good?

/ Engine seized??? #29  
I'd still recommend pulling the injectors; or, perhaps better yet, pull the glow plugs (you already have a bad one that needs pulling anyway).

Be real careful about using force. Rarely does force end up producing good results in things such as this.

One possible scenario is that it's hydrolocked. Maybe leaking injectors?

I agree with pulling the injectors. I would also recommend a small diameter borescope/camera. Push the borescope through the injector port, and look for anything inside of each cylinder. If the borescope you get has taking pictures ability (there are some that attach to phones available and screen shots should be an option if no other) then post photos on this forum.
If you have not yet, put in the air filter or otherwise block that passage!